INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remotes - make Artist images always be used for Artist-view thumbnails?  (Read 548 times)

Kev06

• Recent member

If artist images are present in the '/Cover Art/Artists' folder, they will normally get used for building the Artist thumbnails. Even if some individual tracks on some albums have different artists, MC itself is clever enough to still show a thumbnail of the main (presumably album) Artist. e.g. the album 'Jools Holland and friends' has some tracks by guest artists, but the thumbnail shown for Jools is still his artist image.

However, this cleverness seems not to be applied to the images served up to Panel or Gizmo, for their equivalent Artist views. The thumbnail text still correctly shows the artist's name, but if any individual tracks on any of their albums are by someone else then their Artist image is no longer used (an album cover or stack is shown instead).

I've been failing to find a setting to make Panel/Gizmo Artist thumbnails consistent with MC's; is there one somewhere or is it a current limitation with the software? Apologies if this has been covered, I couldn't think what terms to search for!

Many Thanks,
Kev

If it makes a difference, this is using MC26 with MC27 licence on Linux mint

Kev06

• Recent member
Re: Remotes - make Artist images always be used for Artist-view thumbnails?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 02:42:17 am »

A small update on the OP is that I've noticed theatre view in MC also fails to use the artist thumbnails (in these situations). So I'm guessing it is a limitation of MC itself (or perhaps a setting somewhere that I can't find), rather than specifically a 'remote' question as I'd thought when posting here.

But no worries either way; in playing around with this kind of thing, it actually looks like using a control point directly is a better way for me to go. The world has moved on, and even my basic android devices seem capable of running such things these days, so there is probably no need (for me) to work through a more basic remote to one any more, really.
Pages: [1]   Go Up