INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IdPi Volume Output Low  (Read 1161 times)

chrisgreen

• World Citizen
IdPi Volume Output Low
« on: August 25, 2020, 11:50:51 am »

Hello,

The headphone volume of my IdPi seems low. In fact, it seems like the output changed since performing an update a couple weeks ago. I have fooled around changing the audio output device, volume settings and DSP settings, but I am not getting anywhere. Can anyone help me figure out where to go with this?

The IdPi is playing files from a Mac Mini running Media Center and acting as the server. The headphone output of the IdPi is connected to a mixer that sends to an amp. It's pretty simple stuff.

Chris

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: IdPi Volume Output Low
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 12:07:59 pm »

Hello,

The headphone volume of my IdPi seems low. In fact, it seems like the output changed since performing an update a couple weeks ago. I have fooled around changing the audio output device, volume settings and DSP settings, but I am not getting anywhere. Can anyone help me figure out where to go with this?

The IdPi is playing files from a Mac Mini running Media Center and acting as the server. The headphone output of the IdPi is connected to a mixer that sends to an amp. It's pretty simple stuff.

Chris
Try running the System Mixer from the main menu.
It will control mixers that MC doesn't access.
Use F6 to change devices.

chrisgreen

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 01:10:29 pm »

Great! This looks like it's gonna work just fine.

One more question, which audio device would you recommend selecting in MC? I am sending through the headphone jack? I am currently selecting the Default, but there is a direct sample mixing device, direct hardware without conversions, hardware with all software conversions, and the system default. Any advice on this?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 01:27:36 pm »

Great! This looks like it's gonna work just fine.

One more question, which audio device would you recommend selecting in MC? I am sending through the headphone jack? I am currently selecting the Default, but there is a direct sample mixing device, direct hardware without conversions, hardware with all software conversions, and the system default. Any advice on this?
We normally select the direct hardware device with no conversions and configure DSP studio in MC to tailor your output to use the best possible parameters however if you aren't interested in that level of complexity you can choose one of the plughw devices and let ALSA do the work.

chrisgreen

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 03:40:39 pm »

I am happy. The no conversion option is the way to go, and the volume is what I need now. Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up