INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom/MC integration: trouble with keywords (darichman, Marko, Daydream,..)  (Read 733 times)

raldo

• Citizen of the Universe

I have a workflow where:
o images are imported in camera folder in MC
o I remove unwanted files and tag keywords (with events) in mc.
o The above files are then moved using MC to another folder and synced into my Lightroom library.
o In Lightroom I tag faces, update geopositions, and use J Friedl's Lightroom plugin to generate places (city, country, etc.)

The issue is that the keyword field is scrambled when I have finished the Lightroom work. The order is wrong and slashes are replaced with commas.

I've worked around this by storing all keywords to temp variables  and then restoring the keywords after the LR work.

From the recent Lightroom posts, it seems that no one else see this who work with Lightroom and MC together.

What's going on here, is there a LR setting I've overlooked or something?

darichman

• MC Beta Team

Hi Raldo

My process is perhaps a bit simpler than yours (and Marko's) and different from most, in that I don't directly tag anything into [Keywords] in either program - I don't actually use keywords, just the dedicated fields for Artist, Album, Places, People etc. So while I have not seen what you report, my workflow is different so doesn't mean it's not reproducible.

I simplified my photo tagging to just Date/Album tagging (directly in MC, as well as a few me-specific fields) and People (facetagging, in lightroom). So when tags autoupdate in MC after tagging people with lightroom, people names go into both [People] and [Keywords].  I have been meaning to try the geotagging plugin you've mentioned too - which tag/s does it store info in?

It does sound to me like one of the lightroom steps might be culprit - what happens if you do the geo-plugin earlier in the process and then add faces, keywords etc? Do they still end up scrambled? I have not seen Lightroom by itself strip slashes or delimiters, but I am definitely a relative novice with the program! Could have a look at Preferences > File Handling > Treat '/' as a keyword separator?

marko

• MC Beta Team

I think, only think, mind you, that you need MC to read the Lightroom hierarchy on update. I've a post outlining that, don't have link handy at the moment...

I'm not sure if it's possible to have that automated on "update for file changes" though... Might be worth trialling with a couple of test files?

raldo

I think, only think, mind you, that you need MC to read the Lightroom hierarchy on update. I've a post outlining that, don't have link handy at the moment...

I'm not sure if it's possible to have that automated on "update for file changes" though... Might be worth trialling with a couple of test files?

Yes, I see what you mean, Tag(XMP: HierarchicalSubject) gives the correct keyword structure from LR even after persons have been tagged. Persons are added with a !Person top hierarchy tag. The pipeline symbols must be exchanged with slashes, though.

Would you know how to turn off auto export to keywords of person from LR?
Pages: [1]   Go Up