INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MacOS Mini View Window Grows upon Resize/Drag Attempt  (Read 1505 times)

pogodian

• Recent member
MacOS Mini View Window Grows upon Resize/Drag Attempt
« on: August 26, 2020, 02:09:43 pm »

Media Center 26.0.107 64-bit MacOS 10.15.6

This is not a new issue with v26 - observed in previous versions as well.

The issue occurs on every attempt to resize/drag. I have observed it on a MacBook Pro 13, MacBook 12 and Mac Mini using a variety of different monitors including the built-in laptop displays.

When you mouse onto a Mini View window and then attempt to drag it to a new location, the window grows in x-y dimensions until you release the mouse button. I have used a variety of Logitech mice including MX Master 2 and 3 and MX Anywhere 2S and an Apple Magic Trackpad 2 - behavior the same regardless. Subsequently, it appears you are only able to resize the window from the top and right edges, although getting a resize handle is a laborious and hit-or-miss affair, especially when attempting to resize from the right edge. So, upon resize back to the desired dimensions, the window is pushed downward on the screen. When you then attempt to drag it back up to the desired position, it all begins anew. Thus, getting a Mini View window to be the desired size and position on the screen is exceedingly laborious and difficult and/or impossible to accomplish. (Of course, this does not occur in the Windows version.) Also, this does not occur when using Standard View although Standard View behavior is problematic for other reasons including having the window jump around on the screen when you move it and also great difficulty obtaining and using resize handles.

ataddeo

• Recent member
Re: MacOS Mini View Window Grows upon Resize/Drag Attempt
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 02:48:00 am »

yes, my MacBook Pro, Catalina, the window slams to the left and I drag it back, it slams again.  Is there a secret to sometimes it disappears completely ... to get the window back I have to close MC26 and re-open.

Is MC supposed to change the metadata inside the audio file when I fill in fields, like artist name, album etc?  I look at the audio file metadata it's empty.

HaWi

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MacOS Mini View Window Grows upon Resize/Drag Attempt
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 10:50:43 am »

Is MC supposed to change the metadata inside the audio file when I fill in fields, like artist name, album etc?  I look at the audio file metadata it's empty.

I believe you can set MC to save metadata in the files under Tool/Options/General/Importing&Tagging ==> check the box next to Update tags when file info changes. I have set this and in my media files the tags are updated when I change library fields/tags.
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 2699
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 3830
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 9468
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 1430
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro
Pages: [1]   Go Up