INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: REQ: Fix for Longstanding UI resizing glitches on macOS  (Read 2276 times)

janpeeters

• Junior Woodchuck
REQ: Fix for Longstanding UI resizing glitches on macOS
« on: August 29, 2020, 01:38:37 pm »

I posted this in the old version 25 thread so I'll create a new thread:

Dear developers of MediaCenter.
I love your product dearly and have paid again for an upgrade, this time to version 27 (macOS).

I must say that I really hope that you can find the time to address the bugs I post below. It has been reported already in version 25.

• The miniplayer window is jumping away from the mouse cursor and can't be placed at the top of the screen.
  • Recently another bug got introduces with the miniplayer. When dragging the miniplayer around the screen it's height gets bigger. https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,126643.0.html
  • When resizing the Standard View window it very often doesn't retain it's size, only of you're lucky and patient.

It would mean a great deal to me if this could be fixed. All three things are immensely annoying in day to day use of MC.
You can see all window bugs in the following animated gif:

I'm on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) with graphics cards AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2 GB
and Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB and it runs on macOS 10.15.6. I have an extra 4K monitor connected via thunderbolt.

Thanks in advance, Jan

Theflo7

Re: REQ: Fix for Longstanding UI resizing glitches on macOS
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 05:38:53 am »

Hallelujah Jan! (also from the Netherlands I assume)

I have asked this for many times already, and it seemes like I was the only one with this issue.
This Ui sticking it is on every Mac I own 2x Mac Pro 2010 and MacBook Pro 2019, Mojave or Catalina both have the same issue.
The solution I got is to move the UI very slowly does not work and is not is an option.
Great software but I really not going to upgrade if this stays the same in 27.
Please do something about it!

Floris

janpeeters

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 09:42:43 am »

;) Yep also from The Netherlands.
I also thought I was the only one. Also good to know that you experience this on all your macs, so it's not a graphics cards problem per se.
I hesitated upgrading, but I did, a token of trust in de developers of MC that they're going to fix this.

sfoo

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2020, 05:34:00 pm »

I also have this issue. Moving it slowly works.

DWPress

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 04:42:34 pm »

I would like this fixed as well. I don't mind a very Windows type of interface on my Mac - as long as it behaves like a more native Mac app.

janpeeters

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2020, 02:47:42 am »

I am wondering if one of the devs (@Bob and @JimH are you the devs?) can chime in and let us know what are your plans regarding fixing the issue reported again in this thread.
I just read the MC27 new features list and possible future enhancements but this fix was absent.
I'd love to hear from you.

Jan

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2020, 11:19:30 am »

On my MBP retina (Mac 11,1) with 10.15.7 I can reproduce the miniplayer window size changing.
The mouse cursor doesn't jump for me.
I also have no issues resizing the main screen.

Is your issue on the internal screen or external monitor?
Your 4k monitor is the same as mine, my Mac will not let it run in retina mode. Are you doing any scaling on it?

Theflo7

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2020, 03:47:58 am »

Hi Bob,

I really appreciate you are looking into this. I did some more testing on my systems.
It seems the problem is more visable working with a Wacom tablet. I am really curious if other people having this problem also work on a Wacom?

On my Mac Pro 2010 on Mojave:
JRiverv26 with Wacom the UI is very glitchy al the time moving UI and then it snaps back also resizing snap back al the time.
With mouse moving UI picking op at top bar it works good. But risizing it snaps back all the time

On my macbook pro 16inch 2019 on Catalina Jriverv26
On track pad it seems to be working ok once in a while UI pops another place moving it around but workable.
On the Wacom moving UI to another place on the screen its snaping back to it’s old position and resizing too.

Connecting bothe mac on a 4k monitor makes no difference.

I hope this helps recreate this problem to maybe fix it, would be awesome!
And other users please post a reply if you also work with a Wacom tablet. Maybe it has to do something with response time in the UI.

Greetings,
Floris

Greetings Floris

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2020, 10:21:55 am »

Hi Bob,

I really appreciate you are looking into this. I did some more testing on my systems.
It seems the problem is more visable working with a Wacom tablet. I am really curious if other people having this problem also work on a Wacom?

On my Mac Pro 2010 on Mojave:
JRiverv26 with Wacom the UI is very glitchy al the time moving UI and then it snaps back also resizing snap back al the time.
With mouse moving UI picking op at top bar it works good. But risizing it snaps back all the time

On my macbook pro 16inch 2019 on Catalina Jriverv26
On track pad it seems to be working ok once in a while UI pops another place moving it around but workable.
On the Wacom moving UI to another place on the screen its snaping back to it’s old position and resizing too.

Connecting bothe mac on a 4k monitor makes no difference.

I hope this helps recreate this problem to maybe fix it, would be awesome!
And other users please post a reply if you also work with a Wacom tablet. Maybe it has to do something with response time in the UI.

Greetings,
Floris

Greetings Floris
I think I may see where the issue is with jumping and I can see how it would occur more frequently with a tablet since you can move the pointer radically without any intervening steps.

Still working on the miniplayer window. That one is a riddle for sure!
Pages: [1]   Go Up