INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: move files on removable media  (Read 946 times)

Bucko

• Recent member
  • Programmer
move files on removable media
« on: January 12, 2003, 08:15:59 am »

Hi

I have lots of Mp3`s stored on removable media, currently CDR`s. However, I want to move them from the CDR disks and onto DVDR, and I want to update the database entries in media jukebox (to point to the DVD disks and not the CD`s). I know I could delete the entry then re-add it from its new location, but surely that would mean I would lose all the additional information I had entered about the files, and have to input it all again (a prospect I do not relish) is there a better way to do it please? The blue box at the top of the filename properties that should have the path in it just says "cannot be renamed" so I cant put the properties in by hand :(

RemyJ

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: move files on removable media
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2003, 08:23:55 am »

"Find and Replace" on the filename perhaps?
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Bucko

• Recent member
  • Programmer
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2003, 08:27:17 am »

would that work for removable media? I dont really understand, if I put say "MP3 Music CD2" as find, what do I put as replace?? The removable media that the mp3`s are now on is not in the database?

Bucko

• Recent member
  • Programmer
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2003, 03:50:05 pm »

find and replace on path/file names will >NOT< work for files on removable media. Unless i`m missing something it is entirely impossible to change the location of files placed on removable media without deleting them and re-adding them. This is a pretty damning limitation of media jukebox and has caused me to wonder if I made the right choice after all when I registered it. What I can't understand is WHY? Why can`t I just edit the path like I can with files stored on my hard disk??

Can ANYONE find any solution/workaround that will let me move my mp3`s from my cdrs to my dvdr`s and update my entries in Jukebox without having to delete them and lose all the additional information I have entered?? Please this is driving me nuts  >:(
Pages: [1]   Go Up