INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to display TV Guide in JRemote app ?  (Read 1098 times)

didiergo

• Recent member
Is it possible to display TV Guide in JRemote app ?
« on: September 18, 2020, 03:41:16 pm »

Hello
Everything is in the title.
Is it possible to display the TV guide in JRemote?
I used the same Custom rules as in the Theater view but with no result.
Thank you in advance for your reply.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Is it possible to display TV Guide in JRemote app ?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 06:47:18 pm »

Not yet.

You might be able to set up alternate View layouts to the methods used in Theatre View and still get the content though. Perhaps a View that shows what is currently playing, and a View showing a program list on a channel by channel basis. I don't think all the TVInfo() functions, and other expressions, work in JRemote2.

I don't think Live TV is supported yet though, so you wouldn't be able to play channels from the "Guide". I have a Playlist of channels that I can access inside JRemote2, but the channel won't play.

Of course, you can already play TV recordings in JRemote2, with the appropriate conversion settings in the App. The server will convert the video to play on the Android device.

Anyway, there has been no announcement of support for Live TV in JRemote2 that I can recall, so that is still a way off.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

greynolds

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 08:01:03 pm »

I thought the question was about JRemote (iOS), not JRemote2 (Android).  Unfortunately, the answer is the same.  It would be awesome to have the guide and other TV related features (such as managing recordings) available in JRemote AND JRemote2.

I did cobble together a view for JRemote that shows the upcoming recordings, but using it is a bit kludgy as JRemote allows you to select each item in the list as though it were a media file to play.  But at least I can see the list of upcoming recordings on my iPhone or iPad when I'm not home.

didiergo

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2020, 09:54:09 am »

Thank you for your answers.
This is also the observation that I had made.
Let's hope that this possibility will one day be implemented in JRemote with the possibility of managing recordings.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2020, 06:06:34 am »

I would love to be able to see the TV guide in the JRemotes (IOS & Android) so that I can schedule recordings/subscriptions from my phone whilst not at home.

I'll often hear a promotion on the radio for a TV show that I'd like to record but am unable to do it until I get home, by which time I may have forgotten!

To be able to schedule the recording remotely would be awesome!

Richard

greynolds

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2020, 10:54:37 am »

I would love to be able to see the TV guide in the JRemotes (IOS & Android) so that I can schedule recordings/subscriptions from my phone whilst not at home.

I'll often hear a promotion on the radio for a TV show that I'd like to record but am unable to do it until I get home, by which time I may have forgotten!

To be able to schedule the recording remotely would be awesome!

Richard
Scheduling recordings remotely can be done using something like TeamViewer to remote desktop into the PC, but that's a kludgy solution at best and while it works OK on a table, it's not very practical on a smartphone due to the much smaller screen.  But an integrated JRemote / JRemote2 solution would be really nice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up