INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sleep Timer?  (Read 1790 times)

silvere

• Recent member
Sleep Timer?
« on: January 17, 2003, 08:43:32 pm »

Is there any way to set a timer on the jukebox so it will turn off?  I know I can make my pc shutdown, but I want to keep it running.

Thanks
Andy
Windows XP Pro <br>Abit KG7-RAID <br>Athlon  XP 1700<br>2100 256MB ECC Registered DDR RAM Corsair CM72SD256R<br>2 Western Digital ATA100 7200 20GB Har

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: Sleep Timer?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2003, 06:29:00 am »

You can use Media Scheduler (Go to Start > Programs > Media Jukebox > Media Scheduler) to start MJ...how to stop is another story...need to know MJ's command line options & switches. I'm looking for that now so I'll be back when I have a solution.

10-27

silvere

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2003, 06:44:58 am »

wow you are great!!!  thanks for your time

Andy
Windows XP Pro <br>Abit KG7-RAID <br>Athlon  XP 1700<br>2100 256MB ECC Registered DDR RAM Corsair CM72SD256R<br>2 Western Digital ATA100 7200 20GB Har

xen-uno

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2003, 07:07:41 am »

OK...see this link for a description of command line options to use with Media Scheduler.

Important ones (excerpts from link):

mjextman.exe /Play [filename] plays specified file. Filename parameter can point to a specific file or URL as well as to a location in Media Jukebox organization tree. Any item in the tree, except for CD & DVD and Handhelds can be assessed by replacing filename parameter with following command, TREEPATH=location of an item on the free ( e.g. TREEPATH=Playlists\Top Hits). To play items under the CD & DVD and Handhelds item use DEVICE=drive letter (e.g. DEVICE=G: )

mjextman.exe /Command Stop stops playback

mjextman.exe /Start starts Media Jukebox or brings it to top

mjextman.exe /Close closes Media Jukebox

mjextman.exe /Power starts Media Jukebox if it's not running, or closes it if it is

So...to stop MJ create a One Time or Periodic Task and fill it out like this....(of course, change your Time, Days, and mjextman.exe location to suit)

If you pick Periodic than MS might start automatically on the next bootup...but if not copy the MS link to your Startup folder

10-27

xen-uno

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2003, 07:25:46 am »

Mach...it's cool (and easy to use)

Hi-yo Silver

Your set (it will install a Plug-ins folder right under Web Media...nested under it is Sleep Timer)

10-27

edit: MJ continues to amaze me...it is to music what Access is to DB's, Excel to spreadsheets, Word to word processing, politicians to corruption, and avacados to big seeds.

silvere

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2003, 07:41:29 am »

thanks guys...exactly what I wanted.

Andy
Pages: [1]   Go Up