INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issues with bookmarking TV shows that I'm watching while they are recording  (Read 928 times)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I often start watching a TV show that I have a subscription for about 30 minutes after the scheduled start time so I can skip the adds.

When I stop watching the show there is a bookmark tick against the show name in my TV recordings view in Theater View, but when I come back the next day the tick has gone and playback starts from the beginning not where I stopped.

I assume this is because the show is still recording when I'm watching/stop watching and once the recording finishes the bookmark is perhaps cleared?

Is it possible to change this so the recording remains bookmarked at the point I stopped watching please?

Thanks
Richard

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Issues with bookmarking TV shows that I'm watching while they are recording
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 10:06:52 am »

I just did a quick test and it seems to work just fine.

I started recording a show.  Twenty minutes into the show I went to Theater View Guide and played it for a few minutes.  Exited Theater View and waited for it to finish recording.  I went back to Theater View Video > Shows > Recent (I think this is the only thing that is different from what you did, as I don't have a custom view for my TV recordings) and played the recording.  It did start from where I stopped.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 10:12:54 am »

Is it possible that you already watched to the end of the recording when you stopped?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 05:39:02 pm »

Or to 90% of the show. If you got that far MC would mark the show as watched and clear the Bookmark.

A double Stop would also clear the bookmark, if you did that accidently, or if it is programmed into the remote or scipts, for example.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 02:30:53 am »

I'll have to do further testing.

When I stop playback there is a tick beside the show to say it has been watched, either a light or dark tick depending on the %. 

But later when I return to my recordings view the tick has gone.  I think it to only happens to shows that I watch while being recorded, but will test further to see if I can narrow it down.

Thanks
Richard 
Pages: [1]   Go Up