INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto updating of Media Library in Media Center?  (Read 683 times)

jaylopez

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Auto updating of Media Library in Media Center?
« on: April 16, 2003, 06:49:17 pm »

I have been using Real Player and MusicMatch Jukebox.  Both offer a feature to automatically update their database by monitoring a certain drive or folder for new files or changes to file placement.  I'm playing around with Media Center now because I am using the Tivo Home Media Option.  I can't figure out a way to have Media Center automatically update it's database if I move files using Windows OS.

Here is what I'm doing now:
PC has FM tuner and software to record radio show.  It puts the files into a folder called "zzz".  All files I rip from Cds are initially placed into "zzz" also.  Once I am done categorizing, etc, I move the files from "zzz" to different directories on the hard drive based on folder titles like "Jazz a-j".  When using Real Player or MusicMatch Jukebox, they both could automatically update their database to realize I had moved the files behind the scenes by monitoring a specified hard drive or folder.  They can also remove broken links to files that are no longer there, removing referrence to that file from their database.

Is this possible in Media Center?

kcorbett

• Recent member
  • we wanna make him stay up all night here we go
Re: Auto updating of Media Library in Media Center
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2003, 10:11:58 pm »

AFAIK there is no way to import or update automatically.

Run File>Library>Import Media to search for and import new files.

Run File>Library>Update Library to delete entries for moved files.

MC's file naming feature is powerful; you can use database tags to control where new files are created. To move files after tagging, and to apply a different naming scheme, select files, right click Library Tools>Rename Files From Properties.

Hope this helps...

/kmc
Pages: [1]   Go Up