INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 27 for MAC Keyboard Issue  (Read 1026 times)

billandrewsjr

• Recent member
MC 27 for MAC Keyboard Issue
« on: October 01, 2020, 08:37:44 am »

In MC 26, it supported the media keys (reverse, play.pause, forward) on a standard MAC keyboard.  In MC 27 it doesn't.  Is there a config item I'm missing or is this a bug?  Please advise?

HansVanEijsden

• Recent member
Re: MC 27 for MAC Keyboard Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 02:33:57 pm »

Strange! Here it's the opposite. As soon as I installed MC27, the media keys started working.
In MC26 they never worked for me: not on my MacBook Pro and not on my iMac, both with the newest Catalina. But in MC27 they finally work here.

billandrewsjr

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 03:01:20 pm »

This is for my MAC Desktop.  I still have MC26 installed because of this issue :(

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 04:10:58 pm »

MC needs to share the Media Keys with other apps.
There is a method used by most apps to do this, we use the same method as spotify does for example.
MC27 added some apps to that list for MC to be aware of which could explain why it suddenly started working for HansVanEijsden.

I wouldn't think that MC27 would not work somewhere where MC26 does.
One thing is that you can't run both of them at the same time, the first one that runs will grab the media keys so if you are running MC26 in server mode that may be the issue.

billandrewsjr

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 04:40:46 pm »

I'm only running one at a time.  When I run MC27 by itself, with MC26 terminated, media keys don't work.  In reverse, media keys work for MC26.

Intertesting observation though.  What do you mean "MC27 added some apps to that list for MC to be aware of which could explain why it suddenly started working for HansVanEijsden."

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 04:53:13 pm »

I'm only running one at a time.  When I run MC27 by itself, with MC26 terminated, media keys don't work.  In reverse, media keys work for MC26.

Intertesting observation though.  What do you mean "MC27 added some apps to that list for MC to be aware of which could explain why it suddenly started working for HansVanEijsden."
The apps that use the media keys need to be aware of each other.
Some new apps were added to MC27

billandrewsjr

• Recent member
THE ISSUE RESOLVED - See Solution
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2020, 05:01:32 pm »

On a MAC, goto Security->Privacy->Accessibility

Make sure MC27 is turned on and MC26 is turned off!

Dennis in FL

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2020, 05:49:26 am »

I had a head scratcher in that I was playing FM music on my receiver and was also adjusting a You Tube video volume on my Mac keyboard.  Except, the volume on my receiver was changing !!!! The volume on my PC was not.  What the ....  ?   

I quit MC and the PC volume was now working correctly.   

As you suggested above....I deleted MC 26 in Security->Privacy->Accessibility and all is well again.

Buzzer

• Recent member
Re: MC 27 for Macbook pro volume control
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2021, 08:13:35 am »

Hello... I'm new to the MC app.I downloaded MC26 and i'm delighted with it...everything worked fine.
As I had a licence for MC27 I downloaded it not long after it was launched and everything worked ok as with MC26 when first installed.I quit the app and did something else.Upon restarting the app I was amazed that the keyboard volume control keys on my MacBook Pro didn't work.I then opened the interact forum and had a little look.Iquit Safari and went back to MC27...magically the volume control worked fine.Sadly each time the app is quit and restarted the issue remains.
I have tried deleting and reinstalling both 26 and 27 even reinstalling OS Catalina but to no avail.
As long the app remains open there are no issues ...only when quit and restarted.
No other apps inc.MC26 running

Dennis in FL

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC 27 for Macbook pro volume control
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2021, 03:02:23 pm »

... I was amazed that the keyboard volume control keys on my MacBook Pro didn't work.
[/quote

Yep...this is a known problem.   When MC first starts, the keyboard volume keys will function on other apps (eg You Tube).   But once you play a song in MC, they will cease to function until you exit MC.   This also happened in MC26. 

Somewhere I documented this but can't find it now.

Pages: [1]   Go Up