INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I can't delete Main library  (Read 1585 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
I can't delete Main library
« on: October 06, 2020, 08:11:32 am »

I am using a library named Mad Max (name of my boat), but when I use library manager to delete Main library (which I don't want there), it comes right back again. Bug or feature?  ;D
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: I can't delete Main library
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 05:02:06 pm »

Feature.

MC must always have a Library in its default location. If it is deleted in the OS, MC will recreate it.

If you really don't want to see the Main Library next to the Mad Max Library, there is an easy fix.

1. Back up your "Mad Max" Library.
2. Rename your "Mad Max" Library "Mad Max OLD".
3. Rename the Main Library "Mad Max".
4. Restore the Library Backup you just made into the newly named "Mad Max" Library.
5. Delete the "Mad Max OLD" Library.

Now you have only one Library in the default location, and it is named "Mad Max".

Done.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Re: I can't delete Main library
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 01:13:40 am »

Thanks! Then I know. :) I am actually experimenting with having the library on the hard drive instead of the Micro SD to see if that works faster, which is why I discovered this. :) But I may go back to having it on the SD Card, I can't see any changes. So I'll try with an USB 3.0 SSD instead of that MicroSD, and then I can use your version.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system
Pages: [1]   Go Up