INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recording multiple audio streams?  (Read 896 times)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Recording multiple audio streams?
« on: October 09, 2020, 05:28:45 pm »

G'Day Yaobing.

After changing my EPG source and rescanning TV Channels, I got caught out by having the incorrect Audio Program (Stream) selected for one of the SBS channels. I got two, possibly more, TV recordings with audio commentary instead of the normal audio stream. Sigh.

This was all discussed in a previous thread, but I forgot to change the audio PID after the channels rescan. So I have a couple of rubbish recordings, and it looks like the program isn't going to be repeated any time soon.

Are we ever going to have the ability to record multiple audio streams in JTV recordings, so that I can select the correct Stream/PID while playing the recording?

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Recording multiple audio streams?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 09:25:26 am »

The audio is limited to one stream for JTV recordings.  For TS recordings all streams are recorded.

It would require major design change for JTV to have multiple streams.  So I am not sure whether it will happen.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Recording multiple audio streams?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 05:34:54 pm »

Okay, thanks Yaobing.

I like the JTV functionality of recording a whole program even if I hit record after watching it live for some time. So I guess I'll just have to make sure my audio PIDs are set correctly and remember to set them again if I rescan channels.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up