INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Standard view Tv requests  (Read 1145 times)

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Standard view Tv requests
« on: October 03, 2020, 09:28:59 am »

1. Is it possible to make the Search box work when accessing "Recording Rules"?
2. Is there a reason why only ~24hrs of guide info shows up when accessing "All Programs" for one channel? Why can it not show many days of guide info, similar to when accessing all channels?
3. On Clients, will we ever get "Tv Logs" and "Show Status" information from the Server? I think these have been in consideration for a while...

Thank you for supporting MC Tv!
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Standard view Tv requests
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 11:14:23 am »

On 1. Recording Rules are completely different database objects from media files.  Search will not find any of them.  So the answer is no. 

On 2. It was just designed that way.  We put a date picker for you to choose.  So your ability to see future programs is not limited.

On 3.  Ever - of course you will get it.  Hopefully I can do for version 27 - not a firm promise though.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 04:38:47 pm »

Also on 2., when All Channels are selected you still only get 24 hours. It just looks like there is more because it is a long list.

But here is a trick if you have selected All Programs and one specific channel; when you search for something MC will display all results for the whole EPG timeline. So search for "a", which appears in almost every description or program name, and you will get the full EPG listing for the selected channel, probably. It is possible some program doesn't include the letter "a" somewhere in the search fields and won't be shown, but unlikely. This even shows the "Program Info not available" items at the end of your EPG, if you have any.

In fact, that trick works with All Channels and All Programs selected as well.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 10:24:01 am »

Since adding the 4k Silicondust ATSC tuner device, I noticed that I can see live Status for these tuners on Clients in standard view! Yet the older cable card tuners do not show up at all. I also see a single TV LOG entry (critical error from two weeks ago) for this device on the Clients...

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 05:09:27 pm »

I think what you see on a client is just the status of tuners that are accessible on the client.  It is not the status of tuners on the server.

Since HDHomeRun tuners are network tuners, they can be accessed from any computer.  The fact that your cable tuners (HDHR Prime) are not seen on the client probably just says you did not install it on the client.  Your new device is a bda device, which does not require installation on your part, because Windows will find the appropriate drivers and install them for you.

So, your client computer can access the new 4K tuners and MC treats them as if they are local tuners.  When you play a channel, MC first tries to load a local tuner.  If it does not find a local tuner, it goes to the server.  Since the tuners are actually not local, but are network tuners, there is a chance of conflict - the server and the tuner trying to use the same tuner simultaneously - which would lead to bad behavior.  It is best if you disable the tuners on the client and let the server handle all network tuners.  If you want to keep the tuners available on the client (as local tuners), at least you should order the tuners on the client differently from the order on the server.  For example, you can order the tuners as tuner1, tuner2, tuner3, tuner4 and order them on the client as tuner4, tuner3, tuner2, tuner1, to reduce the chance of conflicts.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2020, 05:30:14 pm »

Wow that's a real gotcha! I thought ALL these Silicondust tuners were the same, in that they couldn't be directly accessed on Clients unless you allowed it on the Server and ran Tv Setup on the Client. Looks like I will have to go to each and every Client and disable these ATSC tuners. Just tested - they now show up in Client's Tuner Status page as "disabled", even when playing from the Server.

EDIT: Looks like the only Client that can see the ATSC tuners directly is my laptop, probably because I have the Silicondust config software installed on it. The other clients don't see the tuners.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2020, 07:32:28 pm »

I see.  So my statement that Windows can find the drivers and install them for you might not be correct.  Windows will find drivers for devices that are plugged in.  Networked tuners are not really plugged in.  So installation may still be needed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up