INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem Sorting by Track  (Read 1981 times)

Skeezix

• Galactic Citizen
Problem Sorting by Track
« on: October 23, 2020, 11:49:59 pm »

When I sort my MP3 library by Track, my files are listed with all Track 1s first, then all Track 2s, etc. But at the end of the list I have 1 album ("Tom") at  with its tracks listed as 1, 2, 3, etc. shown as follows:

Artist   Track No.
Bob         1
Joe         1
Sam         1
Bob         2
Joe         2
Sam         2
Bob         3
Joe         3
Sam         3
Tom         1
Tom         2
Tom         3
Tom         4
Tom         5

The library contains over 10,000 files. Where should I start looking for the problem??

* HP Pavilion Desktop 510-p114
* Windows 10 Home 22H2 19045.3996
* Firefox 122; Thunderbird 115.6.1

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem Sorting by Track
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 12:13:08 am »

You don't have your sorting configured correctly in the view.

I don't want to insult you by suggesting the elementary, as you're far from a new user, so I'm assuming you know how to sort by clicking on the column headers, and how to use the Sort By and Group By menus found in the drop down menus of the top pane and the bottom pane (file list).

My guess is that your Group By setting is wrong.  Normally you would want to select "Album" directly from the Group By menu.  But without a full screenshot it's hard to say.

What you describe sounds like what you would get if you set your grouping to Track #, or if you selected "Sort all files by track #" and removed the grouping.  Both of those would produce the unhelpful result you're describing.

Make sure your grouping is correct first, then make sure you don't remove grouping with your sort.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Problem Sorting by Track
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 07:42:11 am »

Sometimes having the tracks AND a *.Cue file can make apparent duplicated appear or tracks appear as a group that ignores apparent sort order. If you have imported the actual tracks you can delete the *.Cue file out of the folder to remove the duplicate/display problem. Not sure if this is it, but worth a look into the actual folder by right click , Locate (External) to find the windows folder they are sitting in?
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas
Pages: [1]   Go Up