INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problem when typing double letters  (Read 1781 times)

veryoldgeek

problem when typing double letters
« on: October 26, 2020, 05:29:22 am »

Hi,  I'm running media player 24 on two machines both running Linux Mint 20 and both with Spanish keyboards.  One works fine, the other has a problem when typing in either the search box or the tagging screens. If I type a word with a double letter combination then input is blocked and a drop-down box appears presenting a choice of various accented versions of the original character.  I haven't found any reference to a problem like this in either your forums or in linux forums.
Any constructive suggestions would be welcome.  Thanks

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: problem when typing double letters
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 09:30:59 am »

This was an issue on older versions of MC, but has been fixed in recent years.  I don't remember in which version it was fixed, but I used to have your exact issue, but I no longer have it on MC27. 

You can confirm for yourself by doing a trial install of MC27 to check and see if you still have the issue.

veryoldgeek

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 12:33:18 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion.  I've installed MC27 and (with an empty library) it does not have the double-letter problem.
Any suggestion for a fix  I'd rather not upgrade as I'll have to sort out a library of 11k albums ( which I'm still working on after an upgrade from MC14.   Thanks

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 12:38:11 pm »

To be clear, I don't work for JRiver, I'm just a user like you, but I never figured out a "workaround" type fix.  I just helped report the bug and it got fixed in a later version.  The last version of MC 24 landed ~18 months ago, so I think upgrading to a later version will be the only way to fix the issue for you. 

FWIW, I have a library of about 9k albums, and the last few upgrades have not been very disruptive for me.  Just make sure to export your old library and import it into MC27 (this step is manual on Linux).  You can try as a test with the trial version to see what I mean.

veryoldgeek

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 06:04:17 am »

OK,  I've got the problem solved based upon what you said earlier.  I checked the MC version numbers and I was having problems with MC 24.0.19 (64-bit).  I was running MC 24.0.78 on another machine without problems.  I downloaded and installed 24.0.78 and everything seems to be running well.
Many thanks mwillems, you pointed me in the right direction.
Pages: [1]   Go Up