INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Fixed] Missing the Horizontal Scroll Bar at the Bottom of My View  (Read 2306 times)

Skeezix

• Galactic Citizen

I accidentally hit something on my mouse and lost the panes at the top of my view. I managed to get them back but still cannot see my horizontal scroll bar (the one at the bottom of the list). How can I get it back?
* HP Pavilion Desktop 510-p114
* Windows 10 Home 22H2 19045.3996
* Firefox 122; Thunderbird 115.6.1

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Missing the Horizontal Scroll Bar at the Bottom of My View
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 06:57:11 pm »

Need a screenshot to be sure what you mean.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Skeezix

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 11:22:42 am »

Here is a screen shot showing what it looks like when it works:

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 02:55:14 pm »

I thought it might be that scroll bar. But the only way I can make that disappear is by removing or narrowing columns in the File List (bottom) Pane to the extent that all columns fit across the screen, and so there is no need for a scroll bar.

If you have more columns to the right, but no scroll bar, that is something I have never seen. There are no settings to make that happen either.

Make some columns wider, or add some columns to the View, and see if the Scrollbar reappears.

Also, you probably lost the top Columns Pane because you either clicked on one of the Disclosure Triangles in the border between the top Columns Pane and the bottom File List Pane, or you double-clicked on that border. Either action will close the top Columns Pane.

The Disclosure Triangles are the two small triangles inside the blue ellipse in the modified image below.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

wer

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 03:35:28 pm »

If I may, Rod... He may be getting bitten by the new auto-size columns gets re-enabled "behavior".  ::)  If that is turned on, and it has autosized all his columns, then it isn't supposed to show him a scroll bar if all the columns fit.

Maybe show us an actual screenshot of it NOT working, Skeezix.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 05:04:59 pm »

Of course you may Wer.

You are correct. If auto sizing is on, and all columns fit across the page, the scrollbar won't be shown. Cheeky little setting, that.

Skeezix

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 08:37:55 pm »

Maybe show us an actual screenshot of it NOT working, Skeezix.
I was afraid you'd ask for that!

I've since regained my horizontal scroll bar by moving views that I had previously saved into C:\...Media Center 21. Sorry, can't recall exactly which of those files restored the scroll bar. I  have many more columns activated in the bottom pane than the screen can display and that's why the need for the scroll bar.

I think what happened is I accidentally tapped the mouse button while moving the mouse into the upper 3 panels. I'm thinking that's when my top columns also disappeared. Don't know. Short-term memory is getting slowly worse... and once I "fix" a problem I say a thankful prayer and not think about it anymore.

Comes with age.

Maybe when I have nothing else to do I'll click on one of the Disclosure Triangles and see...  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up