INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie question about JRiver with Ipad  (Read 753 times)

Milkduds

Newbie question about JRiver with Ipad
« on: November 10, 2020, 03:45:44 pm »

I've moved to streaming and I'm in the process of comparing a Raspberry Pi 4 and Lumin U1mini (I know.... crazy ends of spectrum).    I'm software challenged and find that the software for the streamers is not as easy as I'd like to have.   I'm using Ipeng for the RPi 4 and the Lumin app for the U1 mini.    I use an Ipad for control.   Is it possible and advisable to move to JRiver MC if I wanted to keep my Ipad and how do I make that happen, or is the preferred path to use a laptop only for control?   I don't have a music server at this point - only streaming using Qobuz.   My motivation is to have an easier to use interface for control. 

I apologize if I'm in the wrong forum - please advise if so. 

Thanks,
Milkduds

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Newbie question about JRiver with Ipad
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 03:54:39 pm »

JRemote for IOS is a very nice remote control for MC. Look at it in the app store.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 07:09:29 pm »

Also if you are just looking for a simple remote control interface to use on an iPad you could try Panel.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Panel

crisp

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2020, 05:13:11 pm »

My JRemote on iPad is broken ("wake on lan") so I'm interested in Panel. However, it needs my JRiver password to operate. If I go to Options > Media Network > Authentication the password is blanked out. How do I reveal it?
Pages: [1]   Go Up