INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: youtube video  (Read 544 times)

maid

• Citizen of the Universe
youtube video
« on: November 13, 2020, 11:59:18 pm »

can I save a you tube video?
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: youtube video
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 02:24:41 am »

Simple answer: Yes.

Need a bit more?
Open "Streaming > YouTube". It may tell you it is redirecting you.
Search for a video you want to save and add to the library.
Click on the video thumbnail. If you don't get a popup dialogue, and it looks like it is going to play the video, but doesn't, Ctrl+Click on the black video box. Or just go back to the page of thumbnails, and Ctrl+Click on the video thumbnail. WAIT for a little bit.
The popup dialogue will give you options. Select the Download options, and set the location and name to save to.

Can't find the downloaded video? Look in the "Service & Plug-ins > Downloads" menu in the Tree. You may need to change tags so that it shows up where you want it in MC Views.

You can't sign-in to YouTube at the moment. That stopped working, at least for me. I think it's the same for everyone, because the Chromium browser MC uses no longer supports sign-in, supposedly for security reasons.
Some videos can't be downloaded. That is a YouTube thing.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up