INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod sync problem  (Read 1637 times)

TAJ-767

• Recent member
iPod sync problem
« on: November 15, 2020, 11:00:05 am »

Problem: When I sync my iPod, MC incorrectly updates the ratings and playcounts.

I have an iPod Nano 5thG, iTunes 12.10, MC27

1) Started with an empty iTunes library.
2) Exported to iTunes a playlist with a total of 57 episodes of three different podcasts (podcast A, podcast B, podcast C).
3) The iTunes library is updated correctly. (shows the MC playlist, shows 3 podcasts with 57 total episodes, they are the correct episodes)
4) Factory reset the iPod.
5) Sync the iPod with iTunes
6) Eject the iPod
7) Play the first three episodes (chronologically) of podcasts C. 
8) Rate each one of those three as 1-*
9) Attach the iPod to the computer
10) Sync with iTunes; MC was set to auto-sync (I changed that after) and was also sync'ing.
11) iTunes does not update the playcount or ratings for episodes.  They still show 0-* and 0 plays.  (Not your problem, I know, just FYI.)
12) MC updated three episodes of podcast C with one play and one star, but they are the wrong episodes!  #15, 17, and 20 in the list, not #1, 2, and 3.
13) MC also rated 6 episodes from podcast A and 1 episode from podcast B as 3-* (and no plays).
14) After ejecting the iPod, I discover that on the iPod, the ratings are reset to 0-* (matching iTunes, not MC)

15) I closed iTunes, reconnected the iPod, sync'd with MC - nothing changed in the MC library or on the iPod.

Any idea what is going on? 

-T
Pages: [1]   Go Up