INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'Server - Controller - Renderer' Issues  (Read 271 times)

Dmytro

• Junior Woodchuck
'Server - Controller - Renderer' Issues
« on: November 21, 2020, 01:01:57 am »

I have been working from home a lot lately and was using my work laptop as a Controller of my room PC, which is hooked to the speakers (the Renderer). I would also often use JRemote to control this Renderer too. I have come across multiple issues with this set-up (i.e. Server-Renderer + Controller) and was hoping you could explain what am I doing wrong.

Scenario 1:
I start playback on the Renderer directly and then try changing a song via JRemote (by selecting the respective zone first). JRemote would show only one track playing, so I cannot skip to the next track in the album. Weirdly enough, this does not happen always - sometimes JRemote would show a complete album and track skipping (or selecting another track) works as expected.

Scenario 2:
I start playback on the Renderer directly, and then try controlling it via JRemote. JRemote shows correct playback position and volume, but not the correct track - it would show a list of tracks played before (often from a different artist). Restarting JRemote does not help - only manually starting (or restarting) MC on the server helps.

Scenario 3:
I use my work laptop (Controller) to control playback on the Renderer. I finish working, stop the playback, put the Controller to sleep and then try playing a different album on the Renderer directly. It would play one track from that album and then revert back to the album previously played via the Controller. The only way to fix this is to wake up the Controller and kill MC on it.

Number of Plays:
If I start playback on the Renderer via Controller, the first track in an album (or the track that I double-click on to start the playback) will not register as 'played'. Only subsequent tracks will get their 'Number of Plays' increased. Starting playback directly on the Renderer works fine.

Last FM double-scrobbling:
Still an issue... To avoid this, I need to manually switch off scrobbling on the Renderer whenever I use the Controller and then switch it back on, whenever I use the Renderer directly. Not to say that I am not getting used to it (after 6 months), but still hoping it'll get fixed...

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,125579.0.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up