INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upsampling to network audio adapter  (Read 244 times)

Orac

• Recent member
Upsampling to network audio adapter
« on: November 21, 2020, 03:05:19 am »

I'm looking for some advice on what I'm trying to do is even possible.

I have a PC in my study for work and it also has my music collection on a large hard disk. I use MC 27 to upsample the files to DSD256 and play them back through my iFi Nano DAC, and then through a small hi-fi system. It works well and (to my ageing ears) it sounds great.

I would like to have a similar setup on my main h-fi in the lounge and was considering a fanless PC to do the job but I have a spare, powerful PC (Intel Core i7, Win10 Pro) which is sitting in my garage and connected to my home network, used only as a backup for my music collection on my main desktop PC in my study.

I was wondering if I do the upsampling on the garage PC, can I send the resulting stream over the network to a network audio adapter (like the SMS-200) which would then be connected to my hi-fi system in the lounge, thus negating the need for a PC.

I have tried reading the documentation about DLNA (I think this is what I might need to utilise) but am lost as to how to set up MC to achieve this (if indeed it can be done).

Any help or pointers in the right direction most welcome!
Pages: [1]   Go Up