INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Internal Volume and Media Keys  (Read 541 times)

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Internal Volume and Media Keys
« on: November 25, 2020, 04:52:01 pm »

I've noticed this for a few versions, not sure if it's always been this way, but I happen to like it and at some point thought it would be unfortunate if this was 'fixed' without feedback.

I have my volume set to Internal Volume.  I have a MacBook Pro with a touchbar.  If I use the volume slider (tap the speaker on the touchbar, then the volume slider shows up), then drag that left/right it changes my system volume.  This is equivalent to clicking the speaker in the menu bar and adjusting the volume there.  When I do this, MC doesn't change its internal volume.  However, if I swipe on the speaker on the touchbar (right-to-left for down, left-to-right for up), this changes just the internal volume of MC.

Is this intended?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Internal Volume and Media Keys
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 10:23:38 am »

I've noticed this for a few versions, not sure if it's always been this way, but I happen to like it and at some point thought it would be unfortunate if this was 'fixed' without feedback.

I have my volume set to Internal Volume.  I have a MacBook Pro with a touchbar.  If I use the volume slider (tap the speaker on the touchbar, then the volume slider shows up), then drag that left/right it changes my system volume.  This is equivalent to clicking the speaker in the menu bar and adjusting the volume there.  When I do this, MC doesn't change its internal volume.  However, if I swipe on the speaker on the touchbar (right-to-left for down, left-to-right for up), this changes just the internal volume of MC.

Is this intended?
I think it might be a side effect of a change to the way the media keys are handled to fix an issue with them and newer Xcode compilers so it's not going back to the previous behavior.
Pages: [1]   Go Up