INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: launch jriver from keyboard (logitech+flirc)  (Read 649 times)

boomboom

• Recent member
launch jriver from keyboard (logitech+flirc)
« on: November 30, 2020, 01:09:44 pm »

Hi,

My setup: windows 10 + jriver 26 + hauppauge Quad.  I mostly use theater view on my htpc.
Remote: logitech harmony 665
Receiver: flirc

Set harmony to Flirc + Kodi, mostly works. However, to launch jriver from remote, I need to program one of the remote keys to something, that flirc will generate a keyboard sequence for. But, I am not able to figure the keyboard sequence that will launch jriver. From the keyboard, I tried, win+alt+enter, win+alt+k, .... none of them seem to launch jriver. What is the keyboard hotkeys seq to launch jriver?

Thanks
mr

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: launch jriver from keyboard (logitech+flirc)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 01:32:12 pm »

boomboom

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 08:41:20 pm »

Ah, I guess kodi just sets that up for every install/update with correct path.

Does JRiver have any default execute that would always point to correct executable after every udpate? Perhaps, jriver should just set  win+alt+j to run jriver to whatever path after every install or update, good idea? Thanks.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 09:24:02 pm »

Other people might be upset if MC appropriated global windows keyboard shortcuts.

The MC executable name changes with every major version release, as do many other apps.

Please just update the properties of your JRiver Media Center shortcut icon. That is the standard way to do this in Windows, and has been for over 20 years.

Have fun...

boomboom

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2020, 08:03:58 pm »

So, an update: gave up on flirc, while basic keys worked ok, other buttons like Guide etc didn't
work, and starting jrvier would take many seconds.

Went and got IR receiver, and in myharmony app select 'Microsoft' and 'Windows media center', ignore the warning, say yes, and much better. Had to remap back/prev button to 'Back', and all good.
FYI, incase anyone else is on the same path.
Pages: [1]   Go Up