INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicate auto import and files not taggable [Solved]  (Read 830 times)

witdem

• Recent member
Duplicate auto import and files not taggable [Solved]
« on: December 08, 2020, 12:12:51 pm »

I have a few issues with the usage of MC26 on a new PC.

When I am using auto import it will add all files again every time autoimport is running. So within a short time I have multiple entries of the same file.
I do not see any setting which could prevent this. On my other PC autoimport is working fine and does only add real new/changed files.
Something related is that JRiver is not able to write tag info to the files. In the log I see the messages:
- Database: CTagSaveInfo::GetSupportsTag: tagging of file E:/Google Drive/Muziek/ALAC/Paul Weller/2020 On Sunset (Deluxe)/01 Mirror Ball.flac is not supported.  local 1, cue file 0, media type Audio
-  CTagSaveHelper::SubmitFile: File not taggable. But the same file is taggable on my other PC.
I already re-installed JRiver, but I am getting the same problems.
Any clues what is going wrong?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Duplicate auto import and files not taggable
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 06:10:28 pm »

Double check your auto import settings.

Hover your mouse over two duplicates and look at their location.

witdem

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 11:54:49 am »

The files are all in the same location. If I start auto-import again there will be a third of forth (etc) instance of the same file under the same album. I do not see anything wrong with the location of the files. JRiver has write access. Also if I move some albums to another drive and try it there I got the same results with duplicate files. I un-installed jriver and installed again and then start auto-import with default settings. This did not solve the problem.
The PC is 1 month old and has windows 10 pro installed. 
In the log I do not see anything special.   

wer

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2020, 12:42:12 pm »

Can you post screenshots of the following:
MC import settings
Windows explorer folder details view, so we can see the details of files and filenames
MC view showing the file list, with the filename/path columns included

witdem

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2020, 03:37:39 pm »

See attachments for the various screenshots.
I also included the log showing one of the duplicate imports.

wer

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2020, 03:49:31 pm »

In that first screenshot, please show the whole window, not a small part, and make sure the column showing the [Filename] field is fully visible.

That is essential.  The screenshot as shown contains neither positive nor dispositive evidence.

witdem

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2020, 03:58:15 pm »

I have updated the screenshot

wer

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2020, 04:06:24 pm »

You're posting in the Windows forum, so presumably you're running the windows version.

So why are are your path separators showing as / instead of as \  ??

That doesn't happen on my PC.

Also, I see this in your log:
Code: [Select]
0016641: 8304: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: C:\Users\Maarten de Wit\Music\Muse\2009 The Resistance\01 - Uprising.m4a
0016641: 8304: Import: JRAnalyzer::AddFile: Filename: C:\Users\Maarten de Wit\Music\Muse\2009 The Resistance\01 - Uprising.m4a
0016672: 8304: Import: ImportNewFiles:     New File: C:/Users/Maarten de Wit/Music/Muse/2009 The Resistance/01 - Uprising.m4a

The song Resistance is being imported twice, but at two different paths, because the separator is / for one and \ for the other.  If the same file can be found at two paths, MC is obliged to consider it two files, as it can't distinguish.

It is easy to achieve multiple paths to the same file on Linux, and it can be done on Windows with junctions or network shares.  But seeing a mix of / and \ on Windows is odd.

witdem

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2020, 04:13:11 pm »

Indeed strange why the separators are not always the same. But that would explain the problem. I am running on windows, and the music directory is a physical directory on the PC, no network share or whatever. I will do some more checks.   

wer

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2020, 04:27:48 pm »

Windows supports / as a path separator, but \ should be the default.

What's your localization? Are you running a Japanese or Korean version of Windows?

witdem

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2020, 04:28:26 am »

The problem is solved.
I believe it was caused by an old setting as I moved from Mac to a windows PC where I restored an old library backup as I wanted to keep my settings.
Due to the problems I did reinstall MC, but the uninstall does not remove every trace of MC. The settings in the appdata directory are not removed automatically with an uninstall. So today I uninstalled MC again and also removed the jriver directory under appdata. After installing MC the problem was gone.

Pages: [1]   Go Up