INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JR TV Will not play channel audio if AC3 anymore [Solved]  (Read 2053 times)

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
JR TV Will not play channel audio if AC3 anymore [Solved]
« on: December 12, 2020, 07:07:36 pm »

Hi Folks, Dave from Aus here... I am trying to diagnose a problem that appeared around the same time I updated to version 27 in mid -Nov. I didn't notice for a little while. The TV channels that play audio in AC3 mode (usually the HD version of standard channels) will output audio, while the standard channel play audio no problem as MPEG-2. Note nothing else in my hardware has changed. It is clear it's not DAC problem, because according to DSP the audio from the TV tuner in AC3 is not even being processed by JRiver see pic.

I need some ideas to diagnose what is going on here. I am pretty sure before this I have notchanged any settings in TV section for a long time. It is not a DAC or windows issue because the audio originates inside JRiver using the TV Tuner card and it's not getting out! When I play standard channel in this case MPEG-2 it behaves as expected. Note I am not trying to watch this particular crap program - but fix it for when something decent is! :-[

Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JR TV Will not play channel audio if AC3 anymore?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 02:27:35 am »

Bump... No joy here, anyone have any ideas? I can no longer hear Free to air HD channels. I have re-tuned / config the devices - still the same?
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 08:49:59 am »

While playing the problem channel, right click, DirectShow filters, Copy graph info to clipboard.  Post the info here.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 02:47:58 pm »

There have been a few channel changes here in Oz, so it may just have been a coincidence that you noticed the problem after the upgrade.

I had to rescan all my channels a while back to get them all working correctly again, with the correct audio. SBS with two audio streams was an issue, which I had to fix manually, selecting the correct PID, for example.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2020, 11:15:19 pm »

Hi folks - this has been resolved now. The problem is I am not sure sure how I fixed it or why it occurred in the first place. I had retuned the stations already prior to this. Very odd. Thanks for the assistance though.
Dave
------

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JR TV Will not play channel audio if AC3 anymore [Solved]
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2021, 06:31:45 am »

Further update: I have replicated this behaviour and it relates to turning off bitstreaming. If I turn off bitstreaming in settings which is recommended everything works except for these TV channels broadcasting in Dolby AC3. Turn it back on to S/PDIF bitstreaming the Channel passes back through the DSP and operates as expected. So it seems I cannot use the recommended settings if I want to watch certain channels on TV through JRiver - which is fine now I understand what is happening I just switch zones one set up to decode in my DAC, the other setup to provide analog output.

Thanks
Dave
------

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: JR TV Will not play channel audio if AC3 anymore [Solved]
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2021, 09:09:26 am »

Probably your Output Format (in DSP Studio) needs tweaking.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up