INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IdPi converts Radio Paradise files to 320AAC  (Read 1336 times)

dreamin

• Recent member
IdPi converts Radio Paradise files to 320AAC
« on: December 13, 2020, 03:43:32 pm »

IdPi converts Radio Paradise files to 320Kbps AAC. 
This only happens with Radio Paradise.  Files from the local server (an IdNUC) and from streaming Radio JRiver over the IdPi all play without compression / conversion.  DSP Studio is set for no change of output format on the IdPi.  I am using an Allo Digione HAT (SPDIF output). 
I am running MediaCenter on a PC, on an IdNUC and the Id-Pi.
Both the other devices (PC and NUC) stream RP uncompressed FLAC files, as expected.     
Any suggestions?  Thanks.   

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: IdPi converts Radio Paradise files to 320AAC
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 11:04:16 am »

The IdPi doesn't convert RP to 320AAC but when it's playing locally it asks for the 320kAAC stream from RP.
This is because the Pi wasn't capable of playing the flac stream reliably gapless.

dreamin

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 07:25:44 pm »

thanks for the clarification

MikeyFresh

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 10:18:07 pm »

The IdPi doesn't convert RP to 320AAC but when it's playing locally it asks for the 320kAAC stream from RP.
This is because the Pi wasn't capable of playing the flac stream reliably gapless.
Why is that the case?

A long time ago you had said that the RP FLAC stream should be the same on MC for Linux, and the Id Pi.

When I assured you it was not, and that other RPi distros such as Volumio or Moode had exactly no problem at all with the RP FLAC streams, you then said it was because MC was very different..

Why does Id Pi supposedly have such trouble with a 16-bit flac stream when Volumio, or Moode do not?

What does MC on Mac, Windows, or Linux do differently such that the RP FLAC stream is no problem at all, but some big problem for the Id Pi?
Pages: [1]   Go Up