INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Connection with new modem/router  (Read 744 times)

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
Connection with new modem/router
« on: December 15, 2020, 08:31:24 am »

Good Morning,

I have been running MC 26, with all functions OK until the Modem/Router serving my house (owned by my ISP) went down.  I have two listening areas in the house both using an ANDROID tablet with JR2 to connect. An ISP technician arrived Monday and installed a new Modem/Router -- same make and model as the old.  All other Wifi devices in the house work EXCEPT ...

Now -- when I select a listening location, artist, or album, they all appear normal, except that in the first page of tracks, with some albums, only the track text appears with some of the icons (same album art for each track) to the left of the text missing.  Then, when I select a track, the track usually shows up at the bottom of the screen (as usual) but fails to play automatically.  When I click on the play button for that track it again fails to play. When I slide the whole page to the left to get a full screen view of the cover art and tracks page, the right half of the screen (containing the text) shows up, but the album art goes missing.  The buttons on that screen also do nothing.  Both listening areas behave the same.

(In my main MC PC, I use MC running on a PC in conjunction with a WD MYCLOUD NAS drive -- routing the music selections into an OPPO 105 player's DAC -- or routed to another MC ID NUC and OPPO DAC on another floor of my home.)

Help, please.  THANK YOU for your help!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Connection with new modem/router
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 08:57:50 am »

Power cycle everything, bringing the new modem up first.

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
Re: Connection with new modem/router
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 09:38:08 am »

Jim

Everything appears back to normal --- THANKS!  That power up sequence is maybe the one thing I didn't try.

I will be going up to #27 sometime during the holidays.

wayne
Pages: [1]   Go Up