INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beginner's question RE: Zones...  (Read 746 times)

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
Beginner's question RE: Zones...
« on: December 15, 2020, 02:24:04 pm »

In my main MC PC, I use MC running on a PC in conjunction with a WD MYCLOUD NAS drive -- typically routing the music selections to two zones, or playback areas: (1) into an OPPO BDP-105 player's DAC via hardwire connection, or routed to a MC ID NUC which connects an OPPO DAC on another floor of my home.  SO -- I assume I should be seeing ONLY three possible zones in my MC tablet page: (1) Player, (2) IdB8AEED7B2B8E (the original name for the NUC), and (3) This Device  (meaning playback through the tablet itself.

When using my main listening area I routinely select PLAYER -- which works fine. 

BUT on my tablet I SOMTIMES ALSO see another Zone called "OPPO BDP-105."  But many times this Zone simply does not appear. 

So as far as I can see I have only three actual playback locations - So why is this "OPPO BDP-105" appearing and disappearing?  What does it mean?

Thank you once again!

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Beginner's question RE: Zones...
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 03:13:13 pm »

You're seeing DLNA devices advertise themselves. Any DLNA device MC sees on the network will appear as a zone.  And if you have the Playing Now portion of the tree expanded, then everything in your tree will move as those devices appear and disappear.

If you don't like it (I don't) then right-click on the objectionable device and hide it with Show/Hide Zone.

If you keep the Playing Now portion of the tree collapsed, you'll avoid the moving problem.  I find it more convenient to switch zones by using the Zone button/menu that can be added to the toolbar.
Pages: [1]   Go Up