INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC27 Library View Load Issue  (Read 416 times)

KilburnKid

• Recent member
MC27 Library View Load Issue
« on: December 19, 2020, 08:20:06 pm »

MC 27.0.43

I wanted to save a custom audio library view to file to use as a template for other library views which I want to create.
1. I can save existing custom view to the default C:\Users\ folder via Right Click on existing view Customize View - Save this view
2. When I Right Click Add Library View, this view does not appear in the list of options to load. What am I doing wrong?

3. I also copied the .jvi file to the default folder for library views in the install folder and it did not appear when in Add Library View
4. Finally, I created a blank library view and then tried Load a view from file in the customize view screen - navigated to the .jvi file that I had just saved; selected it and I guess loaded it. However the view was not applied.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC27 Library View Load Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 06:02:49 am »

These can be a touch frustrating. When you save the view, it includes the media types listed, which means, for example...

If the view you are saving shows audio only, when you use the 'add library view', and you're asking to add a view under "Video", that saved audio view will not be shown to you. You can shoehorn your way around the various usability issues with the 'save a view' system, but what I find works much more smoothly and reliably, and quickly is....

Set up your view template, somewhere, anywhere, on the tree where it won't annoy you, and leave it there.
When next you wish to start a new view from that template, go to it, and drag and drop it where you want your new view to be.
When you drop, MC will present you with two options... Move, or copy... choose 'Copy'
Select this copy, press F2 to rename it, then right click, customise view (to your hearts content :))

If that is not a better solution for you, let us know why, and if possible, we'll try and help you bend the 'save/load' view stuff to your will, but no promises of a positive outcome ;)

-marko

KilburnKid

• Recent member
Re: MC27 Library View Load Issue
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 07:28:00 pm »

Thanks Marko - this now works well!
Pages: [1]   Go Up