INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Rename, Move, & Copy Files" does not work on Particles  (Read 1902 times)

abachem

• Recent member
"Rename, Move, & Copy Files" does not work on Particles
« on: July 10, 2020, 06:00:52 am »

I use Particles a lot for music videos downloaded from TV and it works great, but once you have to move your files you must again start from scratch since "Rename, Move & Copy Files" does not work for Particles. I saw in the forum that this is an open issue since 2012. Is there any hope that this will be fixed or is there any work around? Any help is appreciate very much.

Achim

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: "Rename, Move, & Copy Files" does not work on Particles
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 09:54:55 am »

Thanks for the prompt.  We'll address this a little bit in the future.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

greynolds

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: "Rename, Move, & Copy Files" does not work on Particles
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2020, 09:46:54 am »

Thanks for the prompt.  We'll address this a little bit in the future.
Hi @Matt - is fixing this still planned? I need to rename a whole bunch of TV episode Blurays so that they'll show up properly in Infuse on my AppleTV and having to recreate all the particles from scratch is a no-go as doing that as it's way too much work.

My current folder naming scheme for this is something like this:

\\SHARENAME\Bluray\Ray Donovan\Season 1\Disc 1
\\SHARENAME\Bluray\Ray Donovan\Season 1\Disc 2
\\SHARENAME\Bluray\Ray Donovan\Season 1\Disc 3
etc.

When Infuse picks these up from the SMB shares, it shows them as "Disc1", "Disc2", etc., which is not entirely useful.  I have asked them to consider looking into integration with JRiver either by reading the sidecar files or by using the MCWS for even better integration, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Absent an AppleTV app from you guys (I would LOVE to see a JRiver AppleTV app), Infuse is a really good option for being able to watch much of my JRiver content in our new workout area.  Infuse recently added integration with Jellyfin servers and already have Plex integration, so JRiver integration is something they may consider.  If they do, then you guys might be off the hook for an AppleTV app :).
Pages: [1]   Go Up