INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: popping/static sound with MC27  (Read 431 times)

the shiz

• Recent member
popping/static sound with MC27
« on: December 21, 2020, 10:17:20 pm »

Ever since I upgraded to MC27 I get occasionally get this popping/static sound (sort of like a static pop on a record player) when playing music. Anyone else experience this and problem solved it?

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.

the shiz

• Recent member
Re: popping/static sound with MC27
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 03:37:30 pm »

Thank you, Ive tried all of these. This is the second computer that I installed JRiver and still hearing the same poppping/skipping/vinyl static like sound. Its very subtle, but annoying. Using a Modwright Oppo 205 DAC (used for both desktops). It cant be a processing issue (Intel Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)). I listen to 768khz on pretty much everything. It ONLY does it with audio from JRiver to the DAC.

wer

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 03:51:34 pm »

Maybe people might be able to give you some suggestions if you described how you're connected (usb, hdmi, toslink) and showed screenshots of your MC audio configuration and device settings.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 04:01:12 pm »

What type of files?  Where did they originate?

If you hear the same thing on two PC's connected to the same DAC, it may be a DAC problem.

the shiz

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2020, 06:52:50 pm »

It initially started happening on my older desktop when I upgraded to MC27. It was fine before that. Happens with any audio file upsampled (flac, sacd, dsd, dff, etc.). If I use Tidal or other music program (not upsampled) direct to my dac (Modwright Oppo 205), its fine, when I use it through JRiver (with or without upsampling), problem starts again. This only happens when JRiver is being used. Its not all the time either. Very annoying.
Pages: [1]   Go Up