INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Audio -- Task -- Incomplete albums" Smartlist returning weird results  (Read 673 times)

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I've been ripping some Boxsets of works by Classical Composers using the Name of the Boxset as the Album Name and the Disc #'s to the order the disc is in that boxset.

When I ran the "Incomplete Albums" smartlist against my 33cd Claude Debussy Boxset MC told me it was an Incomplete Album even though I could not see anything that could have caused MC to arrive at that WRONG conclussion.

Thankfully the boxset was organised in a way that would allow me to break it down into a series of "Pseudo Albums"

So I changed the Album Name from "Debussy: The Complete Works" as follows:-
Disc#s 1-11 became "Debussy: Piano Works"
Disc#s 12-13 became "Debussy: Chamber Music"
Disc#s 14-18 became "Debussy: Orchestral Works"
Disc#s 19-23 became "Debussy: Works for Voice"
Disc#s 24-25 became "Debussy: Choral Works"
Disc#s 26-32 became "Debussy: Works for Opera & Stage"
Disc# 33 became "Debussy: Debussy Plays Debussy"

Then before making any more changes I reran the "Incomplete Albums" smartlist and surprise, surprise not one of the "Renamed Albums" appeared on the list of incomplete albums. :o

I would love for somebody to explain to me how/why MC decided that Albums whose first disc # is not 1 are "Complete", but when all the Discs & Tracks had the same Album Name decided the Album was "Incomplete"

I repeated the exercise with my 65 CD "Handel Edition" Boxset and found that any "Album" where the first/last disc # was 28 or less were consider "Complete" but those where the first/last disc # was 29 or higher were reported as "Incomplete".

N.B Classical Composer Boxsets can contain over 150 Discs, one of mine has 170 in it.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

wer

Re: "Audio -- Task -- Incomplete albums" Smartlist returning weird results
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 02:48:33 am »

That does seem like odd behavior. But in all my years of using MC, I have never once cared nor even checked if MC thought one of my albums was "complete".  :)

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 03:13:24 am »

Wer - Once I became aware of that "weird behaviour" I modified my way of working and started breaking my Boxsets down into "pseudo albums" and assigning disc#'s that reflected the discs position in that "pseudo album" when ripping them. Unfortunately being human I do occasionally make mistakes and so became dependent on that "Smartlist" to make sure I'd not missed out a disc number, allocated the same number to more than one disc in an "album", or accidently used a disc# that was higher than MC was prepared to accept.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

wer

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 03:26:57 am »

Unfortunately being human

Ah, well there's your problem!   ;D

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 08:14:53 am »

Bump!

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2021, 02:33:20 pm »

What is the logic for determining if an album is 'incomplete'? I find this playlist very useful for finding albums that are missing a track or have incorrect track numbers, but my list also includes what appear to me to be perfectly fine albums.
Pages: [1]   Go Up