INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote and video  (Read 569 times)

jlyness

• Junior Woodchuck
JRemote and video
« on: December 23, 2020, 09:16:54 pm »

I'm using JRemote 3.34 on an iPhone 12 Pro, but have had this problem since forever with prior phones and earlier versions of the app (and of my MC 27 server running on a Mac): I do not see any option to browse or select video files from the JRemote app. Using Search in JRemote does not yield video files, only audio files. It's as if my MC server doesn't have videos at all. Yet I have no problems searching, browsing, and playing videos on my MC27 from the Mac to a directly-connected monitor.

Feeling pretty stupid here -- am I missing something on the iOS JRemote app? Or some setting on the MC 27 server? Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote and video
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 10:46:23 pm »

What you're missing is knowing how to define views for JRemote.  JRemote will show whatever files you view tells it to, video or otherwise.

Look under Options->Media Network

jlyness

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRemote and video
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 07:59:07 am »

I wasn't kidding when I said I felt stupid -- thanks so much! Can't believe I didn't find this in Options during my previous looks for it.

So now that I have video streaming working fine, my next question is how to change subtitles (or audio language)? I see several threads on this complaining that this is not possible in JRemote, has anyone found a good workaround? I don't see how to do this via Panel, either.

If I can't change subtitles or audio language then much of my video library is useless for streaming.
Pages: [1]   Go Up