INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Burning Options Question  (Read 807 times)

MachineHead

Burning Options Question
« on: January 15, 2003, 02:23:34 pm »

When doing up a smartlist that is a random pick (~s=675) and sent to burner, what are the sorting options for "None" supposed to be? I have been getting the picks sent to burner in alphabetical order, which is fine, but the burns are always done in numerical order. By that I mean: All track #1, all track #2, etc. on the burned disc.  At least when read by the portable player.

Shouldn't they be just the way the smartlist has them picked?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Burning Options Question
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2003, 02:42:13 pm »

>> what are the sorting options for "None"
>> supposed to be?
I would think the editor would have a Combo Box with them in it, but it does not.

I was wondering the same thing last week.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

RemyJ

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2003, 05:13:02 pm »

Are you trying to burn a data cd?  If so, isn't the filesystem always going to sort the files?
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

MachineHead

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2003, 11:55:56 pm »

Are you trying to burn a data cd?  If so, isn't the filesystem always going to sort the files?

Yes I am burning data cds. In older builds I have been able to do the same thing without MJ sorting by track #. It would, and should, send the list as is to the burner with no sorting at all. Just burn what is sent to it. Especially if 'None' is selected as the one of the burn options.

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2003, 04:53:17 am »

Burnt some data CD's with MJ last week. It burned them in the same order as the playlist. The file system or the portable is always going to sort (when displaying CD contents), and usually keys on filename. If you can change the sort key to (ascending) date then it will display order as written. You could always burn the original playlist (as m3u) onto the data CD when creating.

10-27

MachineHead

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2003, 03:19:47 pm »

The file system or the portable is always going to sort (when displaying CD contents

Not this one. It just plays in the order of the burn. Have done this before. Random is an option on the portable, but it is not used by default. And I do not have it set to do so. It could be that I have to use 'Album - Artist' or 'Album/Artist'. But I would think that just sending from the list would do the same thing if 'None' were selected.
Pages: [1]   Go Up