INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PLEASE stop chaning my file location settings when not connected to network  (Read 386 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day

I have my cover art set to use P:/Cover Art

When I open MC and am not connected to that drive, this setting gets changed to C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 27\

I absolutely do NOT want cover art there; ever.  If the location I've set isn't available, MC can warn me, or ignore whatever made it realize the location i've set isn't available, but it should NEVER arbitrarily select some other location.

It does the same with library backups.  I have it set to use a network location, but when not available, it changes the settings to use C:\Users\Chris\Documents\JRiver\Media Center 27\Library Backups\

It will even create the JRiver folder under the Documents folder, which I absolutely do not want.

PLEASE leave my settings alone.  If I wanted those things in those locations, I'd have selected those locations myself.  it seems a terrible practice to just change settings without warning or regard for the users preference.  Please fix this.

Thank you
pretend this is something funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up