INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC - WIndows freeze for a few sec via Microsoft RDP  (Read 1644 times)

Manfred

• Citizen of the Universe
MC - WIndows freeze for a few sec via Microsoft RDP
« on: January 02, 2021, 10:34:38 am »

I use Microsoft RDP to connect to my physical and MC server.

Since a certain release level of MC and Windows 10 PRO; MC or Windows freezes for a few sec and then it works again (e.g typing in the word "Modern" MC/Win freezes after typing "Mod" and after a few seconds Modern appears.). Mouse (Logitech) has the same problem.

I followed the rules to exclude MC from windows defender. As an exclusion in Windows Defender I excluded the process "Media Center 27". In the task manager the process appears as "JRiver Media Center 27 - xyz-xy.Library" (I have given my library a specific name).

1. Must I exact match the name in the task manager to exclude the process?
2. If not any other idea why Win/MC freezes through MS RDP?
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC - WIndows freeze for a few sec via Microsoft RDP
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 11:57:09 am »

If the mouse is also freezing, then it has nothing to do with MC or the antivirus. It's probably a pure RDP issue.
There is a known freeze issue with RDP over UDP on Win10 1903 and 1909. You can disable UDP (for RDP) with a reg key - details here:
https://superuser.com/questions/1481191/remote-desktop-intermittently-freezing

If that doesn't work, you need to search for alternate solutions:
https://www.google.com/search?q=rdp+mouse+freeze+seconds

When connecting with RDP make sure to disable all features you don't need like Printer/SmartCard/Ports/Drive sharing (local resources tab). Leave only Clipboard sharing enabled unless you need anything else.

fjcbs

• Recent member
Re: MC - WIndows freeze for a few sec via Microsoft RDP
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2021, 11:31:52 am »

Hello,

I have the same problem, on RDP or logged on the actual computer and the problem occurs when using any program, not only on JRiver!!!

I couldn't find any hard evidence on Task Manager of system stress or any culprit.

Really annoying, trying to write something and the keyboard freezes and after a few seconds resumes... Sometimes just stays really slow for a few seconds.

Have been struggling with it for ages and couldn't find the problem.

I have followed every performance tip and suggestion on JRiver's FAQ to no effect.
I have excluded every JRiver's folder exe on Windows Defender, including the full folder.

Always using the most recent JRiver version. Payed upgrade every year for many years...

I believed the cause was my 10 year old PC...
Then just built a new PC last week (top tier), Intel 12900k CPU 32GB RAM, 1TB NVME (Samsung 980Pro), fresh windows 10 install, fresh JRiver install, reused JRiver db. The problem remains!!!!

After 1 week of maddening search, trying to enable/disable all installed software, exchanging keyboard, trying different USB ports.... found that shutting down JRiver Media Server and JRiver Media Center, the problem disappeared.

Since I use JRiver to catalog and listen to my huge digital lossless music collection this is really a big bad "no no". It's back to Foobar2000 again :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up