INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent Ripped, Recent Import  (Read 436 times)

davemccorkle

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Recent Ripped, Recent Import
« on: January 03, 2021, 09:14:07 am »

I am having trouble setting a default view scheme that will stay for "recently Ripped" and Recently Imported"  I can change them but cannot set them as I want by default.

One other issue is that I have to stop MC every time while using an external cd player in order for it to read the disc properly.  This does not occur with a machine with an internal cd player, only an external one.

davemccorkle

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Recent Ripped, Recent Import
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 03:23:37 pm »

When MC starts fresh there is no recent Ripped or recent anything, therefore I have to reset it each time.  Back in the day when this was version 10 or so you could set a default view scheme for everything.  This was a great feature.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 04:10:01 pm »

Those are dynamic lists that MC creates and destroys as needed.  You'll notice that if you haven't imported anything for a few days, the Recently Imported list disappears completely.  This question comes up every once in a while. Those lists being the way they are is helpful for new and less experienced users.

The solution is for you to create your own Recently imported smartlist, based on the criteria you want and the columns you want. It will persist and be exactly as you want it to be.

I hope this helps.

davemccorkle

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 04:11:37 pm »

I never thought of that actually.  I will try and report back.

wer

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 04:18:34 pm »

I think you'll find making your own has advantages.  You can have one smartlist that just shows audio, and another for movies, and another for TV, etc, all with totally different column sets for each.  I find all the columns you might want for all possible media types don't fit on one screen, and I hate scrolling.  So you'll have lists tailor made for the type of content you're importing.

Good luck...

davemccorkle

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 04:29:45 pm »

I got the import one with no issues but cannot find a date ripped.  I am just ripping a lot lately to make them all FLAC is why I am in need of this.  Very anal about my fields.

wer

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2021, 04:56:52 pm »

I don't do my ripping in MC myself, so I don't use the recently ripped list.  But you could use the [Date Created] field.  That would equal the date you ripped it.

I create a custom field [Date Acquired] which is when I bought the music. That way if I re-rip it later or re-import it for some reason, it doesn't suddenly become a "new" album, since fields like [Date Created] or [Date Imported] are subject to modification.

davemccorkle

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2021, 06:51:51 pm »

good idea
Pages: [1]   Go Up