INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HDTracks issue  (Read 1004 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
HDTracks issue
« on: June 12, 2020, 12:02:28 pm »

I discovered I have at least 2 recently purchased ALAC albums that JRiver plays but JRemote refuses with a streaming error.

Bob - please PM me if there is a way I can email / Dropbox/ whatever a track to you for investigation.

Ian
That was a tricky one.
The new HDTracksDownloader is putting the MDAT atom before the MOOV atom which has the size details and is at the end of the new HDTracksDownloader ALAC files.
This causes the decoder in JRemote to barf, it can't handle that case.
So, either HDTracks should fix that OR you can re-encode the files back to ALAC on MC to fix them.

HaWi

Re: HDTracks issue
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 12:37:24 pm »

Is there any advantage to using FLAC instead of ALAC? I figured they are both lossless, so I am getting everything in ALAC, if possible, or otherwise convert in MC.
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 2699
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 3764
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 9235
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 1430
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 04:17:14 pm »

Is there any advantage to using FLAC instead of ALAC? I figured they are both lossless, so I am getting everything in ALAC, if possible, or otherwise convert in MC.
I think FLAC is somewhat smaller with standard compression. I use ALAC mostly because I occasionally put some of the tracks on my iPhone so it's more handy for me.
It's pretty simple in MC to re-encode them back to ALAC.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 04:59:00 pm »

All kudos for tracking that down. I don’t think I have the clout or credibility to tell HDTracks that they shouldn’t put the MOOV after the MDAT so I guess I will be doing some re-encoding. At least I can still keep everything in ALAC though.

Alternatively does the old JRiver-written HDTracks downloader still work?

Thank you for the update.
I don't know if you can still use the old downloader.
I can however point you to the post on the issue at the support board from whence the plugin comes.
It is going to be an issue for HDTracks in a lot of situations like this. The MOOV atom really shouldn't be at the end.
https://www.un4seen.com/forum/?topic=10910.msg132657#msg132657
Pages: [1]   Go Up