INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Extracting Home Video from VHS and DV tapes  (Read 4644 times)

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Extracting Home Video from VHS and DV tapes
« on: January 08, 2021, 07:45:41 am »

Hi there. I have a dual Digital / dual analog tv tuner card that has operated fine after setting up in JRiver for several years. Only recently I have been finally working to extracting home video I have on VHS and DV tapes. The TV Tuner card (Compro Videomate Vista E900F) like many has video capture Aux.In line using a dongle with Audio, Composite, S-Video & YCbCr (RGB). I have followed a post by Yaobing "How to configure audio for analog video capture devices" but the audio works fine.  It's the video I cannot get to work when the VCR is streaming through the Composite line.

The AuxIn lines are set up as channels by JRiver and they appear fine. In the configuring the devices dialog the single analog tuner using the video crossbar can be specified as one of the lines eg. Composite. What I don't understand is that the video device is set as one input but it should be able to select one of three. On the channel list these are are there with AuxIn as the input - but they cannot be edited. If I follow Yaobing's instructions to add a capture only channel it creates yet another entry where it selects and video device channel and audio line but with no "Video Crosssbar".

So I get the audio constantly and no video stream from the VCR. This is infuriating because the very first time I hooked up the VCR it worked perfectly except for a few stutters, but I didn't even know about the video crossbar settings let alone know what it was set at. Then after retuning or updating the guide or something not entirely sure. I cannot work out what setting I need for it to pick up Composite video as well as audio. Does anyone have some ideas I can try so I can recover family memories off the VHS tapes?
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Looking for Troubleshooting Tips
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 08:35:55 am »

The video input selection is done at Setup stage, when you select "Capture only", you would be presented with choices for "Composite", "S-Video", etc.  Make sure you make correct selection there.  You need to run setup for each "Capture only" video input that you want to use.  I see from your screenshot that you have them set up already.  You should not need to mess with video selection once you have those "channels".

On MC's Manage Channels tool, "AuxIn" is used as "channel type".  That type includes Composite, S-Video, etc.

I am speaking from memory only as I don't have an analog video capture device hooked up on my computer at the moment.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 06:45:24 am »

Thanks Yaobing,
The ones set up already as AuxIn type were somehow setup automatically in JRiver not by me, and they cannot be edited. However I realise now you can right click while playing and see the DirectShow filters, then video crossbar is pointing to the right device. I can still not see the video to match the sound. Works fine direct into the TV.

If there is no video in the AuxIn line then I suppose no surprise the Capture only channel I created (can be edited) has the same problem since the capture only points direct to the Auxin channel.

I know I'm clutching at straws as it's not a generalised problem - but I am looking for ideas from anyone regardless even if they don't use this function.
Very odd it worked first time then never again!
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 07:06:46 am »

Now here is something bizarre! When I click on the capture channel and configure to record it - The picture appears!! When recording I get picture with the audio. When watching the channel I only get audio?!! Maybe something to do time shift watching (ie. records live  stream?) as opposed to configured recording. Odd but at least I can work with this somehow.. Because there is no program information I can only set it to record for a certain period etc one hour by default. Anyway I will keep digging.

When the VCR is playing on 'Composite, there is a right click menu option on the display called, "Direct Show Filters", "Copy Graph info to the Clipboard" and this below is what is displayed maybe this provides some clue for whoever knows how to interpret this option? Hopefully this might help others ?......

Filter Graph Info (TV graph):

Filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
        CLSID: {A4002F8E-510F-442C-8AD3-F9C7B23FB394}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Output1' of filter '7164 BDA Analog Capture 981640A93EE3E6B4'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'madVR'
        CLSID: {E1A8B82A-32CE-4B0D-BE0D-AA68C772E423}
        Host: C:\Users\David&Ying\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 27\Plugins\madvr\madVR64.ax
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Output0' of filter '7164 BDA Analog Capture 981640A93EE3E6B4'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YUY2, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo

Filter '7164 BDA Analog Capture 981640A93EE3E6B4'
        CLSID: {17CCA71B-ECD7-11D0-B908-00A0C9223196}
        Host: c:\windows\system32\ksproxy.ax
        Output Pin 'Output0'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'madVR'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YUY2, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo
        Output Pin 'Output1'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'VBI'
        Output Pin 'I2S Audio'
        Output Pin 'Analog ITU Video'
        Input Pin 'Analog Video In'
            Connected to pin '0: Video Decoder Out' of filter '7164 BDA Analog Xbar'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_AnalogVideo  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_None, Format type FORMAT_AnalogVideo
        Input Pin 'Analog Audio'
            Connected to pin '1: Audio Decoder Out' of filter '7164 BDA Analog Xbar'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_AnalogAudio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_None, Format type FORMAT_None

Filter '7164 BDA Analog Xbar'
        CLSID: {71F96460-78F3-11D0-A18C-00A0C9118956}
        Host: %systemroot%\system32\ksxbar.ax
        Input Pin '0: Video Tuner In'
            Connected to pin 'Analog Video' of filter '7164 BDA Analog TV Tuner'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_AnalogVideo  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_None, Format type FORMAT_AnalogVideo
        Input Pin '1: Audio Tuner In'
            Connected to pin 'TVAudio Out' of filter '7164 BDA Analog TV Audio'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_AnalogAudio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_None, Format type FORMAT_None
        Input Pin '2: Video Composite In'
        Input Pin '3: Audio Line In'
        Input Pin '4: Video SVideo In'
        Input Pin '5: Audio Line In'
        Input Pin '6: Video YRYBY In'
        Input Pin '7: Audio Line In'
        Output Pin '0: Video Decoder Out'
            Connected to pin 'Analog Video In' of filter '7164 BDA Analog Capture 981640A93EE3E6B4'
        Output Pin '1: Audio Decoder Out'
            Connected to pin 'Analog Audio' of filter '7164 BDA Analog Capture 981640A93EE3E6B4'

Filter '7164 BDA Analog TV Audio'
        CLSID: {71F96462-78F3-11D0-A18C-00A0C9118956}
        Host: %systemroot%\system32\ksxbar.ax
        Input Pin 'TVAudio In'
            Connected to pin 'Analog Audio' of filter '7164 BDA Analog TV Tuner'
        Output Pin 'TVAudio Out'
            Connected to pin '1: Audio Tuner In' of filter '7164 BDA Analog Xbar'

Filter '7164 BDA Analog TV Tuner'
        CLSID: {266EEE40-6C63-11CF-8A03-00AA006ECB65}
        Host: %systemroot%\system32\kstvtune.ax
        Output Pin 'Analog Video'
            Connected to pin '0: Video Tuner In' of filter '7164 BDA Analog Xbar'
        Output Pin 'Analog Audio'
            Connected to pin 'TVAudio In' of filter '7164 BDA Analog TV Audio'

Dave
------

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 09:19:32 am »

Did you get video while you did "copy graph info to clipboard"?  That graph you last posted is a non-time-shifting graph.  So if I understand correctly, you could not get video.  The graph shows that YUY2 video is sent directly to madVR.

Try TV Setting "Start analog device in time-shifting mode".  If that is successful, I would like to see the graph info on it.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 12:12:40 pm »

Also try using Red October Standard, instead of HQ.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2021, 04:02:19 pm »

Now there is no graph with the pasted info. I pasted into Word specifically to get any text AND graphics in the paste, but it's all text.

I have set Red October in both Standard and in HQ it makes no difference. The "Bug" is replicated every time I run, even if shutting down and restarting JR. If I 'Watch' the program I get audio with no video. If I record the unnamed Program I get both audio and video! To see the video I have to Record not watch the channel.

If I set "Start analog device in time-shifting mode" then I go to watch the Composite channel it hangs, with "Starting TV..." on the top display just under the channel name.

Thanks for the couple of ideas - I did not know about the "start analog" setting above. However I am back to the start if I watch the channel I get audio only. If I record I get both Audio and video. This would not be a problem, but because I am recording against a non existent program guide entry it just defaults to 1 hour. So conceivable I can watch the VHS tape coming into the Composite channel only by recording it and only for a set time reflected by the recording settings. Very odd. I don't think it the hardware or drivers, it's something to do with when JRiver is polling the AuxIn channel on the tuner card although I have nothing to back that up?

Left of field - is there a way to manipulate the program guide info for this individual channel so I can work around this?
Dave
------

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2021, 09:58:56 am »

Sorry for the confusion.  "Graph" does not mean image.  It is a Microsoft DirectShow term.  The text you posted was the "graph" (more precisely, the text description of the graph).

My impression was that you can watch video while the recording is going, instead of watching recorded file AFTER recording is over.  You latest screenshot seems to confirm it.  That was why I suggested running analog device in time-shifting mode, because recording basically is running time-shifting.  So, not being able to start in time-shifting mode is another mystery.  You can try, for a test, by starting not in time-shifting mode (and thus you would get no video, but only audio), then right-click on the video window and choose "TV Options" > "Start time-shifting".  and see if that also hangs.

You can not manipulate program guide entries.  You can manipulate how a recording is set up.  For example, you can record a channel by time, instead of recording the one-hour "program", and specify any time period.  Or you can record the one-hour program, but specify "keep recording after the program ends by x minutes".  If you set x to 60, for example, you effectively are recording for two hours.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Extracting Home Video from VHS and DV tapes
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2021, 06:16:09 am »

Thanks again Yaobing,

As suggested I have opened the channel (Audio only) then right click on the display, TV Options, Start Time Shifting. The channel then goes silent and displays "waiting for signal lock" for a while, then comes back with " No signal" and goes completely blank? Very puzzling I have run out of ideas. Yes I will use the timer and look at the setting "keep recording after program ends..." in the meantime.

David

Dave
------

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2021, 02:59:39 am »

Just out of interest... If I record the Capture Stream, then when recording I watch the stream, then cancel recording I am left watching the video with audio... Fine you say.

Now the audio is running fast - the pitch of the commentators that are well known in Australia is amusing (Bruce McAvaney, Lee Mathews) sound like a 8 year olds with that voice. Since it's running fast - the picture and audio pauses every 17-20 seconds or so for ~ 1second - presumably to catch up. There is some mismatch to the frame rate playing on the VCR, and the capture frame rate. I'm at a loss! Nothing in the MadVR settings seems to impact this.

Dave
------

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2021, 09:39:51 am »

Just out of interest... If I record the Capture Stream, then when recording I watch the stream, then cancel recording I am left watching the video with audio... Fine you say.

Do you mean that you cancel recording while you are still watching it?  Or you stop watching, and cancel and go back to watching?

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2021, 06:00:03 am »

No cancel recording while still watching it - then I'm left with both video and audio running. So somehow only the recording makes the video "turn on".
Dave
------

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2021, 04:00:08 pm »

Turn on logging and get a log file capturing these events: watching without recording, and watching with recording on.  Email the log file to me: yaobing at jriver dot com

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2021, 09:27:07 am »

Very strange.  Everything seems to be fine from the log.  I am puzzled why directly rendering the video to madVR would not work, while buffering the data to disk files and then rendering from the buffer would work.

In any case, your device appears to come with hardware encoding which we currently are not taking advantage of for your device as we are using generic code on it.  I will route it through the Hauppauge hardware encoded stream and see hopefully we can fix this issue that way.  In order to do that, I need you to do the following for me:

TV Options > Advanced > Copy television related filter info to clipboard

and either post the info here, or paste into an email and send to me.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2021, 05:09:10 pm »

Hi Yaobing,

Here is the television filter info you mentioned.

KSCATEGORY_BDA_NETWORK_TUNER filters

7164 BDA DVBT Tuner
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{71985f48-1ca1-11d3-9cc8-00c04f7971e0}\{3ff44ee5-8547-402a-94f3-d447f4d7c400}
        Input Pin 'Input0'
        Output Pin 'MPEG2 Transport'

7164 BDA DVBT Tuner (1)
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{71985f48-1ca1-11d3-9cc8-00c04f7971e0}\{3ff44ee5-8547-402a-94f3-d447f4d7c401}
        Input Pin 'Input0'

KSCATEGORY_BDA_RECEIVER_COMPONENT filters

7164 BDA Digital Capture DVBT
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{fd0a5af4-b41d-11d2-9c95-00c04f7971e0}\{5bb3dbd0-9e1e-424c-9281-6b5e7109f100}
        Input Pin 'MPEG2 Transport'

7164 BDA Digital Capture DVBT (1)
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{fd0a5af4-b41d-11d2-9c95-00c04f7971e0}\{5bb3dbd0-9e1e-424c-9281-6b5e7109f101}
        Input Pin 'MPEG2 Transport'

AM_KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE filters

Realtek HD Audio Mic input
    @device:pnp:\\?\hdaudio#func_01&ven_10ec&dev_0887&subsys_1458a184&rev_1003#4&33577837&0&0001#{65e8773d-8f56-11d0-a3b9-00a0c9223196}\rtmicinwave
        Output Pin 'Recording Control'
        Input Pin 'Input1'

Realtek HD Audio Stereo input
    @device:pnp:\\?\hdaudio#func_01&ven_10ec&dev_0887&subsys_1458a184&rev_1003#4&33577837&0&0001#{65e8773d-8f56-11d0-a3b9-00a0c9223196}\rtstereomixwave
        Input Pin 'Input1'

Realtek HD Audio Line input
    @device:pnp:\\?\hdaudio#func_01&ven_10ec&dev_0887&subsys_1458a184&rev_1003#4&33577837&0&0001#{65e8773d-8f56-11d0-a3b9-00a0c9223196}\rtlineinwave
        Input Pin 'Input1'

7164 BDA Analog Capture
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{65e8773d-8f56-11d0-a3b9-00a0c9223196}\{bbefb6c7-2fc4-4139-bb8b-a58bba724000}
        Output Pin 'Output0'
        Output Pin 'Output1'
        Output Pin 'VBI'
        Output Pin 'I2S Audio'
        Input Pin 'Analog Audio'

7164 BDA Analog Capture (1)
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{65e8773d-8f56-11d0-a3b9-00a0c9223196}\{bbefb6c7-2fc4-4139-bb8b-a58bba724001}
        Output Pin 'Output0'
        Output Pin 'Output1'
        Output Pin 'VBI'
        Output Pin 'I2S Audio'
        Input Pin 'Analog Audio'

7164 BDA Audio Capture
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{65e8773d-8f56-11d0-a3b9-00a0c9223196}\{f3b951e7-8619-4ff3-91ca-03910e4bb900}
        Output Pin 'Tone'
        Input Pin 'Analog Audio'

7164 BDA Audio Capture (1)
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{65e8773d-8f56-11d0-a3b9-00a0c9223196}\{f3b951e7-8619-4ff3-91ca-03910e4bb901}
        Output Pin 'Tone'
        Input Pin 'Analog Audio'

KSCATEGORY_ENCODER filters

7164 MP3 AES Encoder
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{19689bf6-c384-48fd-ad51-90e58c79f70b}\{5f8e6b0b-c803-456e-9970-f3e7ba5b8300}
        Output Pin 'Audio ES'
        Input Pin 'I2S Audio'

7164 MP3 AES Encoder (1)
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{19689bf6-c384-48fd-ad51-90e58c79f70b}\{5f8e6b0b-c803-456e-9970-f3e7ba5b8301}
        Output Pin 'Audio ES'
        Input Pin 'I2S Audio'

7164 AAC AES Encoder
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{19689bf6-c384-48fd-ad51-90e58c79f70b}\{49c70b3f-f901-479d-aacb-59db8bc90100}
        Output Pin 'Audio ES'
        Input Pin 'I2S Audio'

7164 AAC AES Encoder (1)
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{19689bf6-c384-48fd-ad51-90e58c79f70b}\{49c70b3f-f901-479d-aacb-59db8bc90101}
        Output Pin 'Audio ES'
        Input Pin 'I2S Audio'

7164 ASF Encoder/Mux
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{19689bf6-c384-48fd-ad51-90e58c79f70b}\{c0f556ca-7485-4335-a1f7-437ca2ab1e00}
        Output Pin 'Asf'
        Input Pin 'I2S Audio'
        Input Pin 'Analog ITU Video'

7164 ASF Encoder/Mux (1)
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{19689bf6-c384-48fd-ad51-90e58c79f70b}\{c0f556ca-7485-4335-a1f7-437ca2ab1e01}
        Output Pin 'Asf'
        Input Pin 'I2S Audio'

7164 MPEG1 L2 AES Encoder
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{19689bf6-c384-48fd-ad51-90e58c79f70b}\{04b8147a-c203-4f24-958b-f06cf28dfe00}
        Output Pin 'Audio ES'
        Input Pin 'I2S Audio'

7164 MPEG1 L2 AES Encoder (1)
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{19689bf6-c384-48fd-ad51-90e58c79f70b}\{04b8147a-c203-4f24-958b-f06cf28dfe01}
        Output Pin 'Audio ES'
        Input Pin 'I2S Audio'

7164 MPEG2 VES Encoder
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{19689bf6-c384-48fd-ad51-90e58c79f70b}\{82e8697e-3f99-471c-ab71-2470941db600}
        Output Pin 'Video ES'

7164 MPEG2 VES Encoder (1)
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{19689bf6-c384-48fd-ad51-90e58c79f70b}\{82e8697e-3f99-471c-ab71-2470941db601}
        Output Pin 'Video ES'

7164 AVI Encoder/Mux
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{19689bf6-c384-48fd-ad51-90e58c79f70b}\{f3340e62-84ac-46cc-8199-ff3a655d7d00}
        Output Pin 'Avi'
        Input Pin 'I2S Audio'

7164 AVI Encoder/Mux (1)
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{19689bf6-c384-48fd-ad51-90e58c79f70b}\{f3340e62-84ac-46cc-8199-ff3a655d7d01}
        Output Pin 'Avi'
        Input Pin 'I2S Audio'

7164 MPEG1 VES Encoder
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{19689bf6-c384-48fd-ad51-90e58c79f70b}\{9603ddc0-0916-4346-91d9-ed8204c63700}
        Output Pin 'Video ES'

7164 MPEG1 VES Encoder (1)
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{19689bf6-c384-48fd-ad51-90e58c79f70b}\{9603ddc0-0916-4346-91d9-ed8204c63701}
        Output Pin 'Video ES'

7164 MPEG2 PS Encoder/Mux
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{19689bf6-c384-48fd-ad51-90e58c79f70b}\{c4315d81-dfd7-49c1-af97-15284a6efd00}
        Output Pin 'MPEG2 PS'
        Input Pin 'I2S Audio'

7164 MPEG2 PS Encoder/Mux (1)
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{19689bf6-c384-48fd-ad51-90e58c79f70b}\{c4315d81-dfd7-49c1-af97-15284a6efd01}
        Output Pin 'MPEG2 PS'
        Input Pin 'I2S Audio'

7164 QuickTime Encoder/Mux
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{19689bf6-c384-48fd-ad51-90e58c79f70b}\{69439f29-4307-48b2-b016-3abbc715ee00}
        Output Pin 'Qtm'
        Input Pin 'I2S Audio'

7164 QuickTime Encoder/Mux (1)
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{19689bf6-c384-48fd-ad51-90e58c79f70b}\{69439f29-4307-48b2-b016-3abbc715ee01}
        Output Pin 'Qtm'
        Input Pin 'I2S Audio'

7164 LPCM AES Encoder
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{19689bf6-c384-48fd-ad51-90e58c79f70b}\{f826323f-38ec-447e-ac47-6bbe441d9000}
        Output Pin 'Audio ES'
        Input Pin 'I2S Audio'

7164 LPCM AES Encoder (1)
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{19689bf6-c384-48fd-ad51-90e58c79f70b}\{f826323f-38ec-447e-ac47-6bbe441d9001}
        Output Pin 'Audio ES'
        Input Pin 'I2S Audio'

7164 MPEG2 TS Encoder/Mux
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{19689bf6-c384-48fd-ad51-90e58c79f70b}\{7b198ad1-190a-4aef-8f6f-1fa0ae003b00}
        Input Pin 'I2S Audio'

7164 MPEG2 TS Encoder/Mux (1)
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{19689bf6-c384-48fd-ad51-90e58c79f70b}\{7b198ad1-190a-4aef-8f6f-1fa0ae003b01}
        Input Pin 'I2S Audio'

KSCATEGORY_MULTIPLEXER filters

7164 ASF Encoder/Mux
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{7a5de1d3-01a1-452c-b481-4fa2b96271e8}\{c0f556ca-7485-4335-a1f7-437ca2ab1e00}
        Output Pin 'Asf'
        Input Pin 'I2S Audio'

7164 ASF Encoder/Mux (1)
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{7a5de1d3-01a1-452c-b481-4fa2b96271e8}\{c0f556ca-7485-4335-a1f7-437ca2ab1e01}
        Output Pin 'Asf'
        Input Pin 'I2S Audio'

7164 AVI Encoder/Mux
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{7a5de1d3-01a1-452c-b481-4fa2b96271e8}\{f3340e62-84ac-46cc-8199-ff3a655d7d00}
        Output Pin 'Avi'
        Input Pin 'I2S Audio'

7164 AVI Encoder/Mux (1)
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{7a5de1d3-01a1-452c-b481-4fa2b96271e8}\{f3340e62-84ac-46cc-8199-ff3a655d7d01}
        Output Pin 'Avi'
        Input Pin 'I2S Audio'

7164 MPEG2 PS Encoder/Mux
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{7a5de1d3-01a1-452c-b481-4fa2b96271e8}\{c4315d81-dfd7-49c1-af97-15284a6efd00}
        Output Pin 'MPEG2 PS'
        Input Pin 'I2S Audio'

7164 MPEG2 PS Encoder/Mux (1)
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{7a5de1d3-01a1-452c-b481-4fa2b96271e8}\{c4315d81-dfd7-49c1-af97-15284a6efd01}
        Output Pin 'MPEG2 PS'
        Input Pin 'I2S Audio'

7164 QuickTime Encoder/Mux
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{7a5de1d3-01a1-452c-b481-4fa2b96271e8}\{69439f29-4307-48b2-b016-3abbc715ee00}
        Output Pin 'Qtm'
        Input Pin 'I2S Audio'

7164 QuickTime Encoder/Mux (1)
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{7a5de1d3-01a1-452c-b481-4fa2b96271e8}\{69439f29-4307-48b2-b016-3abbc715ee01}
        Output Pin 'Qtm'
        Input Pin 'I2S Audio'

7164 MPEG2 TS Encoder/Mux
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{7a5de1d3-01a1-452c-b481-4fa2b96271e8}\{7b198ad1-190a-4aef-8f6f-1fa0ae003b00}
        Input Pin 'I2S Audio'

7164 MPEG2 TS Encoder/Mux (1)
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{7a5de1d3-01a1-452c-b481-4fa2b96271e8}\{7b198ad1-190a-4aef-8f6f-1fa0ae003b01}
        Input Pin 'I2S Audio'

AM_KSCATEGORY_CROSSBAR filters

7164 BDA Analog Xbar
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{a799a801-a46d-11d0-a18c-00a02401dcd4}\{ed97d48c-e41e-11d5-9964-00e098172b00}
        Input Pin '2: Video Composite In'
        Input Pin '3: Audio Line In'
        Input Pin '4: Video SVideo In'
        Input Pin '5: Audio Line In'
        Input Pin '6: Video YRYBY In'
        Input Pin '7: Audio Line In'

7164 BDA Analog Xbar (1)
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{a799a801-a46d-11d0-a18c-00a02401dcd4}\{ed97d48c-e41e-11d5-9964-00e098172b01}

AM_KSCATEGORY_TVTUNER filters

7164 BDA Analog TV Tuner
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{a799a800-a46d-11d0-a18c-00a02401dcd4}\{62b08a3e-335e-4b30-90f9-2ba47ef9ec00}

7164 BDA Analog TV Tuner (1)
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{a799a800-a46d-11d0-a18c-00a02401dcd4}\{62b08a3e-335e-4b30-90f9-2ba47ef9ec01}

AM_KSCATEGORY_TVAUDIO filters

7164 BDA Analog TV Audio
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{a799a802-a46d-11d0-a18c-00a02401dcd4}\{defe4e8d-584b-446c-89cc-fd1f4d3f0700}
        Input Pin 'TVAudio In'
        Output Pin 'TVAudio Out'

7164 BDA Analog TV Audio (1)
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7164&subsys_e900185b&rev_81#4&1c19ca3a&0&00e2#{a799a802-a46d-11d0-a18c-00a02401dcd4}\{defe4e8d-584b-446c-89cc-fd1f4d3f0701}
        Input Pin 'TVAudio In'
        Output Pin 'TVAudio Out'

AM_KSCATEGORY_VBICODEC filters

MPEG2 Multiplexer filters

Dave
------

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2021, 05:55:25 pm »

Thanks.  This device comes with so many encoders.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2021, 06:14:27 pm »

Please download the following file, unzip, and copy JRTelevision.dll into MC installation folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w35un0ah79n272f/JRTelevision.7z?dl=0

Let me know how it works.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2021, 02:56:29 am »

Hi Yaobing thanks for your attention on this. I have renamed the old dll & copied the file into C

However it looks like tuner 2 (the one tied to Composite Capture channel) is in error and I get this pop up without doing anything to open files to watch or record.

~~~~~~
This lists the status of television devices and recording actions that are queued.  The text will also be placed on the clipboard.

=== Television Devices ===

Device 0: 7164 BDA DVBT Tuner A77D323F1CECAE66 (digital)
State: Idle

Device 1: 7164 BDA DVBT Tuner A77D323F1CEDAEA5 (digital)

Device 2: 7164 BDA Analog Capture 981640A93EE3E6B4 (analog)
State: Error
Channel:
Recording Rule IDs:
Tuner Type:

Device 3: 7164 BDA Analog Capture 981640A93EE4E6F3 (analog)

=== Actions ===

Action 0: Program info not available
Record: 1
Recording Rule ID: 106502194
Channel: Composite 7164 BDA Analog Capture 981640A93EE3E6B4
Start Time: 4/02/2021 6:29 pm
End Time: 4/02/2021 7:31 pm
Description:

and this popping up over the top (although maybe the same error). I have restarted app and whole PC several times to no avail.

I have deleted the download and rename the original file to restore.?

Dave
------

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2021, 09:44:24 am »

Do you have two identical video capture devices?  Enumeration came up with two of everything.  It should be OK if you do really have two devices.

The log shows that we picked up an encoder and connected to the capture device.  But the output of the encoder would not connect to Microsoft MPEG-2 Demultiplexer.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2021, 01:10:51 am »

No - one PC Card (Compro Videomate E900F) with 4 tuners on it dual digitial and dual analog. The capture channel created by MC27 is hard coded to device 2 which is the first analog tuner. It cannot be pointed to device 3 as the 'Edit' button is greyed out? So according to Windows device manager - one device, but within MC27 it shows as 4 devices - one for each tuner?
Dave
------

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2021, 10:50:28 am »

OK, so there are two analog tuners.  That explains all duplicate devices in enumeration.  We should have listed two tuners in MC's Manage TV Devices.  Do you see two tuners listed for analog TV?  If you go to TV Setup, and setup a "Capture only channel", do you get to choose between two tuners?

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2021, 02:02:16 am »

Hi Yaobing, yes there is 2 analog listed (very first screen shot above shows them).

The original capture channels (3 for Composite, RGB, SVideo) are automatically set up somehow pointing to 1st Analog on the lower left. If I set up a new capture only channel yes I can select one of the 2 analog channels. If I choose the second the only video listed is "Antenna" and none for audio, so Composite,SVideo, RGB does not appear as video with the other channels setup. ie. One set of cable inputs can only be assigned to one tuner at a time. Meanwhile the 3 capture channels automatically created (shown attached) are not able to be edited...?

This lists the status of television devices and recording actions that are queued.  The text will also be placed on the clipboard.

=== Television Devices ===

Device 0: 7164 BDA DVBT Tuner A77D323F1CECAE66 (digital)

Device 1: 7164 BDA DVBT Tuner A77D323F1CEDAEA5 (digital)

Device 2: 7164 BDA Analog Capture 981640A93EE3E6B4 (analog)

Device 3: 7164 BDA Analog Capture 981640A93EE4E6F3 (analog)

=== Actions ===
Dave
------

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2021, 03:13:40 pm »

The automatically created "channels" were created when an analog tuner is used.  It probably does make sense that only one tuner has them during setup as, I assume, there is only one Composite connection and one SVideo connection, etc.

I am not sure why the automatically created entries can not be edited.  In any case, you do not have to use them.  You can create a new "Capture only" channel, with tuner 1, and use that channel for recording or watching.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2021, 06:05:22 pm »

Hi Yaobing - No luck there. If I create another 'capture only' channel with the other tuner it only has 'Antenna 3' and 'Antenna 4' available as video input and nil options for audio input. If I delete one of the original capture channels and recreate another, the video inputs are freed up, so selecting the composite input and audio input has options as 'Line In'.

Which is all fine - but I am left back where I started, the Capture Only channel created behaves the same way as above (audio only, then after recording being able to watch the channel with audio & video, however audio running fast, video pauses ~ every 20sec) - perplexing!
Dave
------

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2021, 06:28:01 pm »

Hi Yaobing - No luck there. If I create another 'capture only' channel with the other tuner it only has 'Antenna 3' and 'Antenna 4' available as video input and nil options for audio input. If I delete one of the original capture channels and recreate another, the video inputs are freed up, so selecting the composite input and audio input has options as 'Line In'.

Which is all fine - but I am left back where I started, the Capture Only channel created behaves the same way as above (audio only, then after recording being able to watch the channel with audio & video, however audio running fast, video pauses ~ every 20sec) - perplexing!

What I meant was to create a "Capture Only" channel with the same tuner as the automatically created ones.

I looked at your first screenshot posted in this thread again, and found you had one of those.  The manually created "Capture only" channel have a channel type of "Capture", while the automatically created ones have a channel type of "AuxIn".  You should use manually created ones as you may have better control over them.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2021, 06:07:47 am »

Hi again Yaobing

I understand what you mean on creating a Capture Only channel. What I'm saying is when I do that it presents the already defined other AuxIn channels created as Video input. Not the raw input lines. So the Capture Only channel ends up cycle back around to the same behaviour as the AuxIn and the same net affect with fast audio and pauses in the capture.

So I think we are out of ideas? I do appreciate your time here.

Dave
------

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2021, 02:03:57 pm »

Yes, just choose one from the drop-down list.  Internally MC will set video selection accordingly.  It may or may not make any difference, but I just want all grounds covered.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2021, 05:39:20 pm »

Please try this DLL:

Modified TV DLL.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2021, 01:30:59 am »

Hi again Yaobing

Yes the Capture only channel created using Composite AuxIn as video input behaves exactly the same as the Composite channel.

Only using the file you attached above. Same as last time I renamed the JRTelevision.dll in C:\Program file\JRiver\MC 27 first.

- good news is that it does not cause any pop up errors like the one before. Using OTA channels all worked fine and are unchanged.
- when using the dll with the Composite AuxIn channel the display operated as before, if first watching the channel audio only comes through at the right pitch

- the flip side is I cannot get it to record (in order to display video and audio) consistently. It did once. The one file it did create that I could open did seem to be an improvement in the video not pausing as much every ~20sec, but it still did pause for the audio to resync. The audio still runs higher pitch (faster) than it should.

One the other recordings I mean scheduling recording rules, cancelling recording rules before trying again. Each time while it was indicating recording it did not leave a recorded entry in the JR List, but it did create a recording folder. Inside the recording folder though there is nothing to play (associated file) nor in the root folder

So it is stable, slightly improved video recording but unfortunately still difficult to watch/record the program
Dave
------

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2021, 01:50:44 am »

PS. is there a faster way to paste an image into these forums other then having to save as a file first instead of direct paste? Can't find any topic on 'forum use'?  David
Dave
------

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2021, 07:55:12 am »

Please send me a log again, using the latest DLL I posted.

I gave up on the idea of using the hardware encoding method and reverted back to default method, with some tweaks.  Not been able to record is puzzling.  Your screenshot indicates that the .JTV file is missing.  However, the .JTS file is present.  .JTS files are also playable in MC although .JTV files are preferred.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2021, 01:08:14 pm »

Please try this new JRTelevision DLL.

If it still does not work, please send the log.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2021, 12:06:39 pm »

Thanks for the log sent last week.

I am still really puzzled.  While working on the issue, a possibly related issue was discovered with my Hauppauge device and I was able to make a fix.

Please try this new DLL.

Please test the following:

TV Options > Time-Shifting > Start analog devices in time-shifting mode.  Make sure the checkbox is checked.

Select the Composite channel, and press "Watch" button.

Let me know how it goes.

Also please test other things that you previously did, such as playing in non-time-shifting mode, and recording.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2021, 09:14:19 pm »

Yaobing
I have checked/changed the setting as suggested. The good news is that both video and audio are present in both watching and recording. The bad news is that the both video/audio is jumping every 60-100 secs presumably to re-synch. So overall an improvement in terms of getting both audio/video through the input signal but it still seems to be a framerate/synch issue not just on playback of recording. Both when watching and recording. I will send the log file through separately.
Dave
------

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2021, 01:21:50 pm »

The video capture device specifies 48000 PCM audio on initial connection but then changes to 44100 later without informing MC :(

I made an attempt to get around the issue.  Please download the following DLLs:

JRTelevision DLL

MJTSFileWriter DLL

Download, unzip both.  Then copy JRTelevision.dll into MC installation folder, and copy MJTSFileWriter.ax into the "TV" subfolder.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2021, 11:53:23 am »

Here is another attempt:

Please download and copy the DLLs as before (copy JRTelevision.dll into MC installation folder, and copy MJTSFileWriter.ax into the "TV" subfolder):

JRTelevision DLL

and

MJTSFileWriter DLL

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2021, 01:48:23 pm »

Please try again:

MJTSFileWriter DLL

and JRTelevision DLL

The first one (MJTSFileWriter.ax) was updated, the second one is the same as in previous post (no change) and is included here for completeness.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2021, 06:06:09 am »

Thanks Yaobing - only just saw this now (Sun 9pm), I will check it out after work tomorrow and let you know. Appreciate the follow up.
David
Dave
------

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2021, 08:13:10 am »

Congratulations Yaobing no skips speed of video as expected. Sorry it took me a few days. The updating versions since last week overwrote the dll a couple of times... correct pitch on vocals eg. music video Elton John & Sports commentators

Unfortunately the audio is somewhat distorted in just below mid range to vocal range. I am playing music video to see this. I tested this by taking the audio out of the VCR direct into the analog input of the decoder/amp. So I know this distortion is coming from the tuner card. Strange thing I do not think the distortion was there in the previous attempts. I will let it keep playing for a while.
Dave
------

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2021, 08:57:46 pm »

Good to know the skipping is gone.  The video capture device makes a DirectShow filter connection and specifies 48000 sample rate at connection time, but changes to 44100 just before running.  I had to make changes to accommodate such behavior.

Regarding audio distortion, have you tried DSP Studio?  TV engine uses JRiver Audio renderer which supports DSP Studio.  Open the DSP studio while video is playing and check if you have some filters accidentally enabled that could distort audio.  If no such accidental filtering was enabled, you can on the other hand try enabling a filter so you can adjust  the audio to what you like.  For example you can enable "Equalizer".

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2021, 07:11:40 am »

Thanks Yaobing,

DSP is completely off, I have no filtering going on, usually never have anything switched on in there?

<always forget how to paste a picture in this forum can someone remind me, even though I have done it several times... without having to file save, then attach leaving files everywhere?>

David
Dave
------

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2021, 12:24:00 pm »

Hi David,

I can't think of anything else that can cause distortion.  Maybe it is the video capture device that does it, since you said that no DSP filters are applied.  In such case, the only thing I can think of is for you to apply a filter or more than one filters, in DSP studio, so you can compensate such distortion.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2021, 07:09:36 pm »

Thanks for your perseverance on this Yaobing. Will the changes you made on these DLLs make it through to production version. If the next update comes through is the update included or do I have to write back the modified DLL to use them again?

David
Dave
------

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2021, 09:14:51 am »

Keep this DLL for now, in case we do not update.
Pages: [1]   Go Up