INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.147 available here  (Read 9849 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.0.147 available here
« on: April 10, 2003, 02:29:49 pm »

Media Center 9.0.147 is available.

Some things may not work.

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90147.exe

1. Changed: Added "Location" as a default view under Images and Video in Media Library.
2. NEW: Added a right-click "Reset All View Schemes To Default" option to Media Library.
3. Fixed: Scrolling during drag-n-drop reorders was fidgety if a list had a small height.
4. Fixed: Media Center could have a "predictable shuffle" in some cases.
5. Fixed: Multi-zone playback options dialog was not attaching to the proper zone. (so zone settings didn't seem zone specific)
6. Changed: Menu actions don't use "all on none" for file selection unless the focus is in the tree. (works just like Explorer now)
7. Changed: Tree and list now both have "selected with focus" and "selected without focus" highlighting when skinning is on.
8. Changed: MC better handles conditions where multiple files can't play in a row.
9. Fixed: MP3 encoding of low sample rate files (<32khz) was wrong. This applies to the TiVo interface and the format conversion tool.
10. Fixed: Video playback would skip over a file.
11. Fixed: Media Center was crashing while playing some ASF network files.
12. Fixed: Media Center was incorrectly interpreting type of radio station streams.
13. Fixed: Smarter handling of "audio or data cd?" query dialog for CD burning.
14. Fixed: Destination folder column was getting displayed when viewing a CD, even if the burn dialog was not active.
15. Changed: Improved "title case" cleaning algorithm to better handle filenames and other advanced strings.
16. Fixed: Non audio files were sometimes allowed to be dragged onto an audio CD burn.
17. Fixed: Media Server would not stream WMA UNC files properly.
18. NEW: TV can now capture still frames. (Ctrl+Shift+Print Screen)
19. Fixed: Media Server supports TiVo shuffle mode.
20. Fixed: Media Server supports MC smartlists with shuffle commands on TiVo.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RemyJ

Re: Media Center 9.0.147 available here
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2003, 02:59:01 pm »

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/04/09  Priority: High
    Build 146 seems to have broken video track advance fixed in 145&#8230;.
    Double clicking on the currently playing track starts the next one playing.
    Pressing 'Next' skips over the next track and starts the one after that playing.
    Auto advance seems to work OK.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/04/09  Priority: High
    Zone confiuration seems to be broken.  You can add a zone but any setting such as device and channel selection affect all zones.  Also Wave Out doesn't give the option to select channels the way Direct Sound does but I don't remember whether it should or not.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/04/05  Priority: High
    Selecting tools such as convert and analyze audio from the main menu when there are NO tracks selected results in an operation against ALL tracks in the library.  VERY DANGEROUS not to mention the time it takes on large libraries.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/04/05  Priority: High
    You get prompted for CD creation type for every track you add to a CD until you visit CD, DVD, & Handhelds.  Whatever the last type you selected is the one that sticks.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/02/24  Priority: High
    The confirmation box that pops up on a Find and Replace on filename if the destination file already exists needs more options.  'Accept, Accept All, Ignore, Ignore All and Cancel'

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/02/24  Priority: High
    The converter forces '[ARTIST]/[ALBUM]' directory naming which un-does directoy changes made to compilation albums to get them into the 'multiple artists' category.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

TimB

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2003, 03:19:51 pm »

Still getting...

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Line Number 525100, Column 1:

when I try to read an Export XML from Netscape 7.02.

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

benmaxwell

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2003, 03:20:08 pm »

Hey y'all...

I can't thank you enough for MC9... I am so thoroughly impressed with this product.  I have an iPod and a TiVo with the HMO and I swear to the geek gods above that MC9 is the ONLY media app I use... There's just nothing else that comes close to the power you've all put in this.

Simply BRILLIANT in every way.  And it keeps getting better.

So thanks...

-ben
Shuttle SB51g
p4 2.4g
yamaha crwf1
Sony DVD Burner
black 60gb 5gen iPo

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2003, 04:06:40 pm »

Tim,

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Line Number 525100, Column 1:

May I ask you why you care about that?

Try reading the XML file in IE. It works there.

Nikolay

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2003, 04:10:22 pm »

Which is to say, we just don't try to make things work with all browsers anymore.  I could argue that that's a mistake, but the reality is that we can't do it.

IE is the de facto standard and we hope that the other great browser makers will make theirs work as IE does.

I wish there were a better answer.

TimB

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2003, 04:13:15 pm »

Tim,

Nikolay

Understood and on Jim's point too.  However when I try to open the file with IE it opens the file with Netscape.  Is that 'cos Netscape's my default browser?

Netscape, Eudora and Media Center are my mini-strikes at Microsoft (mega in Media Center's case). :)

-=Tim=-

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2003, 04:25:20 pm »

Still unable to move folders between drives via MC's My Computer.
Toast goes in the toaster.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2003, 04:33:04 pm »

RE: Reading XML in IE.

I think a more pertinent question is... Why would you want to?

IE doesn't display this file any differently than Notepad does. It just shows it as a text file. The XML itself is pretty useless to any app that doesn't understand what the various fields mean. That includes IE.

Actually, I take that bad.. it sort of color codes it. But again, not in any meaningful way.

Omni

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2003, 05:01:45 pm »

I don't know if this is an MC thing or a RealPlayer thing, but under "Web Media" (something I have always avoided since I'm not broadband), when I tried to play "BBC News 24" (just for the heck of it), I received the following dialog box:

[EDIT:  Removed Image]

Understandable, sure, but the thing is that I could not get rid of it no matter how many times I clicked on exit.  (I had [and have] no intention of ever installing Real Player.)  If I clicked on "Exit," it would exit and then pop right back up again.  If I tried to close the dialog box (via the 'X' icon), it would do the same thing, but it would also launch a new browser instance linking to Real Player's web site.

The only way to get rid of it was to kill MC's task altogether.

Omni

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2003, 05:18:41 pm »

For problems with Real Audio or Real Video, please see this thread:
http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=general;action=display;num=1024579130

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2003, 05:21:19 pm »

When I attempt to play any WMA file I get the following Error dialog: "Playback Engine: Media Jukebox is unable to acquire license for this file. Windows Media Error: 0x80070005." This error only occurs when trying to play these files from the server on another computer. In recent prior versions I got a different error code, but the same behavior.  

Despite some theories that this is linked to DRM being activated in the WMA files, this does not appear to be the case for a number of reasons: (i) Media Center has no problem playing the files on any PC when they are loaded off the LAN, i.e. not streamed using the server; (ii) I have no problem playing them with Windows Media Player, Musicmatch Jukebox, Media Jukebox and even prior versions of the Media Center Server (e.g. prior to 9.0.130); and (iii) it is my strong recollection that when these files were ripped, DRM was turned off.    

I believe this is a bug in how the Media Center client/server system handles playing WMA files.

Note: with beta 147 I actually managed to play one file, but then the problem recurred, even after a reboot of the client PC and the server PC I could not play any WMA file from the server.

If I can provide any further useful information, please send me a private message.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2003, 05:21:33 pm »

I can't thank you enough for MC9... I am so thoroughly impressed with this product.  I have an iPod and a TiVo with the HMO and I swear to the geek gods above that MC9 is the ONLY media app I use... There's just nothing else that comes close to the power you've all put in this.

Simply BRILLIANT in every way.  And it keeps getting better.

Thanks, Ben, for taking time to say so.  We're pretty happy with it, too, but it's always nice to hear when people enjoy the work we're doing.

Jim

jredders2

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2003, 05:33:04 pm »

Here's a weird one...

Playing now is clear.
I have Options->General->Behavior->Play Button set to "Play visible files (all)".
My "Good Music" smartlist has 3000+ songs with sort=random enabled.
I select my "Good Music" smartlist in the tree (none of them selected) and hit the play button, music starts playing as it should, but the first song is always "Nine Inch Nails - Last" no matter where it is currently in the smartlist?

I would have expected it to start playing from the first file in the smartlist.  The tracks do end up in Playing now in the same order the smartlist showed.

If I select a song in the smartlist before I hit the play button, it does start from the selected song.  But, if I then clear Playing now, select something else in the tree, select my "Good Music" smartlist again and hit the play button ... "Nine Inch Nails - Last" every time...

-John

C.A.T.

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2003, 05:43:59 pm »

In order to Reset the "Top Hits" playlist I should be able to right click on Top Hits in the organization tree under Playlists, and select "Reset" from the pop-up menu-- or so the manuel says.  However, "Reset" is not avalible.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2003, 05:47:25 pm »

In order to Reset the "Top Hits" playlist I should be able to right click on Top Hits in the organization tree under Playlists, and select "Reset" from the pop-up menu-- or so the manuel says.  However, "Reset" is not avalible.

this recently changed and you can configure this by modifying the rules

default rule:

[number plays]=>0 ~seq=[number plays] ~sort=[seq]-d ~n=100

=============================

start a new thread and maybe someone can help.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Omni

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2003, 05:53:20 pm »

Jim,

I followed your (broken) link about Real Player and read it, but I think you are missing the point of my post.

I don't want to install Real Player.  That wasn't the issue.  The issue is that MC is trying to install it, and even though I'm telling it to exit, it won't let me ... EVER.

Anyway, no big deal.  I'll just be sure to avoid clicking on the "Web Media" node.   :)

And to echo benmaxwell's sentiments, MC is an awesome program.  [hint]Add the ability to create duplicate entries to playlist, and I'll upgrade you to phenomenal![/hint] Keep up the great work!

Omni

JadedHalo

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2003, 06:17:24 pm »

"1. Changed: Added "Location" as a default view under Images and Video in Media Library."

How do I access this?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2003, 06:26:01 pm »

Right click on "Media Library" and choose "Reset all schemes to default".  

You will lose any schemes you have set up but you can add them.

Morac

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2003, 07:01:59 pm »

9. Fixed: MP3 encoding of low sample rate files (<32khz) was wrong. This applies to the TiVo interface and the format conversion tool.

I'll confirm this fix (no more TiVo reboots).

I noticed something strange though.  I found a file in my music listings that when I tried to play at first nothing happened, then the server crashed.   I later discovered that the file was a .WMV file which is a Windows Media Video file.  Apparently Media Center had identified this as an audio file, when it was a video file.

While music seems to work well, photo viewing still isn't on par with TiVo's Desktop software.

I had a socket disconnect error while viewing photos and when it was working it was slow.

ZRocker

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2003, 08:03:36 pm »

Bugs:
1. I ripped a CD with 13 tracks using the internal MP3 encoder (Lame).  After the rip finished, I did an Update Library (from tags --- always) and on two of the tracks MC had put the filename in the Name (song title) field of the ID3v1 tags (ID3v2 tags are disabled)...never seen that happen before, but it did happen.

Update:
I see on the tracks that were tagged wrong, they properly had my Comment data from the --tc "<comment>" command-line option I used (custom).  All the others had blank comment fields...this goes back to a bug I kept reporting the MC overwrites tags that Lame.exe adds during the rip process (via command-line options)...probably a timing issue/collision on the two tracks in question.  Command-line option tagging used to work fine in MJ 8.0 and has always been 'broken' in MC 9.0 (and I gave up on it ever being fixed in MC 9.0 [stopped reporting it]).

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2003, 08:03:47 pm »

While music seems to work well, photo viewing still isn't on par with TiVo's Desktop software.

Unfortunately, I've only worked on the music side the past couple of days. I'll get to the pictures soon.

j

MighTiVo

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2003, 08:07:49 pm »

146 was working with TiVo, just loaded 147 and now I get this from the server:

04/10/03 23:06:41 - cannot connect
04/10/03 23:06:41 - tcp_write failed error=10038
04/10/03 23:06:41 - bad version
04/10/03 23:06:41 - sharer starting
04/10/03 23:06:41 - Initializing server.
04/10/03 23:06:41 - Server initialized
04/10/03 23:06:41 - sharer ready to accept connections
04/10/03 23:06:41 - Started auto response thread on port 5556.
04/10/03 23:06:41 - TiVo HTTP ready for connections

And TiVo can not find it....

ZRocker

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2003, 08:26:10 pm »

Handheld Portable Device support is working much better now...but still have a few bugs.

Bugs:
1. The "Available memory size limit exceeded" warning dialog is being displayed non-modal...and as such, you can get multiple warning dialogs displayed if you don't hit 'Ok' first.  Just click somewhere else in the Org Tree and return to the Portable Drive's drive letter (under CD, DVD, & Handhelds) and you'll get a 2nd, 3rd, etc. dialogs displayed.  A modal dialog (if possible) would be more appropriate.

2. While uploading, the File progress floodbar does not fill (progress) during the upload.  Only the Write progress floodbar progresses.

3. While portable device connected and seen in MC's CD, DVD, & Handhelds...I started playing around with playing CDs and building a data CD burn list (and cancelling) [1 CD-RW drive and 1 CD-R drive]...this process somehow causes MC to remove (no longer see) the portable device's drive letter.  It is still accessible in Explorer...restarting MC brings it back (F5 refresh does not).  So, at some point MC gets 'wacked' and doesn't see the attached portable device.

ZRocker

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2003, 08:41:50 pm »

Bugs (CD burning woes in last few builds):
1. Creating a data CD burn list of 100+ tracks takes MC about 40 secs of 'think time' before it displays the data CD burn list.  This used to be almost instantaneous.  It's like MC's CD burner is calculating MD5 signatures for every track you are adding...lots of CPU busy activity!!

Query:
What's changed lately in CD burning to cause such high CPU usage during a simple add/create data CD burn list?  The new Analyzing Devices logic seems to be alot better (less annoying...more automatic/faster).

crash_buka

• Recent member
  • Yesterday's Gone
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2003, 09:31:24 pm »

Known Bug?

Using Creative NOMAD Zen -

Select a group of songs ->
Download to PC ->
Select a folder ->
Enter new folder & subfolder names in the path (neither of which exist) ->
Confirm Create Non-Existent Directories ->
No directories are created, no songs downloaded, no error message.

Note: Auto-creating one new directory level does work.

jcouch93

• World Citizen
  • I'm confused...
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2003, 09:43:21 pm »

Can't get Media Editor to run, crashes every time when it starts up.  I remember having this problem before and having to revert to a previous version of Media Editor.

phatrabt

EDIT:  Pulled the version of Media Editor from MJ80396 and it works fine.  Any suggestions?

Media Center Registered 9.0.147 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1728 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 670 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929)wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive G: LITE-ON  LTR-24102B         Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Luigi1943

• World Citizen
  • I'd rather be sailing
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2003, 10:40:38 pm »

Sometimes MC indicates an error (see A and B below) when passing from an audio file having the format  (MPEG-1 Layer 3 64 Kbit CBR 44.1 Khz Joint stereo) to an audio file having the format (MPEG-2 Layer 3 64 Kbit CBR 22.1 Khz Joint stereo) or viceversa.
I’ve done extensive tests using a playlist alternating  files having the said formats: the result is that in my system the error happens after a few transitions (usually 6 or 7).
When the error happens the message A is displayed two times (until build 145) or three times (build 147), then message B is displayed and, if you hit OK, the playback status is ‘stopped’. Then if you restart playing, the message A is displayed  at the next transition and so on. Until the build 145 it was impossible to restart playing from the last tried song, while it’s possible with build 147.

Sometimes the same error happens when passing from MP3 to WMA or viceversa.
I’ve tried several combinations of output mode etc, but the result doesn’t change.

It’s apparent that you’ve changed something in build 147, but the fix is incomplete.
Please help!!!!
Luigi

A_There was an error starting playback. Make sure that your system has a valid sound playback device and that is properly configured in Media Jukebox's playback options. (double check the output mode, output device, and output bitdepth)

B_Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files.
Please make sure that the path in the Media Jukebox library points to the right location.

Media Center Registered 9.0.147 -- C:\Programmi\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows Me
AMD Athlon 806 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 49 MB
Resource Info: System - 39 %, GDI - 55 %, User - 39 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 5.50.4134.100
wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive G: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8400B    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
Luigi1943

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2003, 12:17:32 am »

Showstoppers!

A) CD Labeler and Media Editor not starting with Non-Administrator account on WinXP!  

1) They work on W2K machine!  
2) They work on WXP machine with "RunAs" command or Administrator account!
3) They do not work on WXP with my daily used "Jaguu" account, which is member of the Administrator group: the two programs do not seem to have sufficient execution rights!  

B) Volume Control for Zone 2 in Multi-Zone environment does not work yet! Has been reported several times!

jakobluck

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2003, 12:51:41 am »

With the past few versions (from around the lil numbers starting appearing in the column header tabs), I have to say MC is quite possibly the most polished piece of software I have ever had the opportunity to experience.

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2003, 01:38:05 am »

Some problems I've noticed:

1) Whenever I start the installer on my work PC it complains about low system resources.  What "resources" does it complain about?  Memory?  I'm running Windows 2000 on a computer with 1 GB of memory and 1.5 GB of swap, usually with a lot of free memory.

2) I'm running MediaCenter with the PixOS skin.  If I bring up the Audio Analysis tool, its window is skinned.  If I shrink it, I get a plain Windows 2000 "collapsed" window title bar (even if I run it under XP).  That it isn't skinned is not a major problem, but if I click somewhere close to the minimize/close buttons the skinned orange/red minimize/close buttons suddenly turn up:

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2003, 01:50:40 am »

Oh, and I almost forgot the thing that annoys me the most right now (considering the rest of the program works so well):  When audio analysis is running, the rest of Media Center refuses to accept keyboard input.  I can't search for anything while audio analysis is running, for example, because I can't type anything into the search field.  I can't use keyboard shortcuts like ctrl-S or ctrl-P.

This is only when the audio analyzer is actually running.  If I stop it but leave the analysis window open everything works like it should.

Another thing that has to do with general "polish":  If I set the system to use large fonts, then the left-hand column of icons and text in the options dialog is too narrow to display all the text, and the space between icons is not tall enough.  I get "File ssociation" and "File Naming &", for example.

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2003, 03:16:28 am »

SORTING
--- No problems with columns that are totally populated eg Name, Album etc. It sorts these quickly and accurately both in ascending and descending sequence. For columns that are not totally populated eg comments, notes etc, it not only takes a long time to complete, but there is no accuracy in the result. It should, for an ascending sort for instance, place all the blank fields first, but this does'nt happen. Non-blank fields seem to be anywhere up and down the column. This has been like this for ages.

CRASHES
- Play any track, select 'Playing Now' and MC crashes immediately with -

MEDIA JUKEBOX caused an invalid page fault in
module MP3ICONTROL.DLL at 017f:05451cbd.
Registers:
EAX=00000000 CS=017f EIP=05451cbd EFLGS=00010246
EBX=05904e48 SS=0187 ESP=0096b2cc EBP=05904240
ECX=0000008a DS=0187 ESI=00000000 FS=73e7
EDX=00000000 ES=0187 EDI=05904e48 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
f3 a5 8d b5 b0 0e 00 00 53 56 e8 f6 c2 00 00 83
Stack dump:
05a108e0 05a10998 0096b340 0000028d 05d20000 81740624 bff741f7 00000008 021dec08 0096b334 0546fd00 ffffffff 0545b6b6 00000336 05a10998 0000028d

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 598 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 5 MB
Resource Info: System - 22 %, GDI - 61 %, User - 22 %

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4522.1800 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4522.1800
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3612.1700
wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995 / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: PHILIPS  PCRW804            Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No

stevenf

• World Citizen
  • It works for me....
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2003, 04:20:19 am »

Over the past few builds of Media Center 9 i have been having this problem. After playing several songs, i recieve this error message.

There was an error starting playback. Make sure the system has a valid sound playback device and that it is properly configured in media jukebox playback options.
(Double check the output mode, output device and output bitdepth)

This happens sometimes twice, three times, four times, then i recieve this message.

Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files.

I might add that the second error message come up in a different error message box.

I might also add i never recieved this error with any previous version.

This happens everytime i use MC9 and it's always the exact same message.

JohnT

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2003, 05:21:55 am »

Showstoppers!

A) CD Labeler and Media Editor not starting with Non-Administrator account on WinXP!  

1) They work on W2K machine!  
2) They work on WXP machine with "RunAs" command or Administrator account!
3) They do not work on WXP with my daily used "Jaguu" account, which is member of the Administrator group: the two programs do not seem to have sufficient execution rights!  

B) Volume Control for Zone 2 in Multi-Zone environment does not work yet! Has been reported several times!

When you say they're not starting, which of these three things happen when you try to run them:

1. nothing happens, they just won't start up
2. get a message about not having sufficient permissions to run the program
3. get a message saying I don't have a registered copy

If its #2 or #3, check in regedit to see if your user has "read" permission for the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE part of the registry.

Thanks,
John T.

John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2003, 05:52:40 am »

JohnT,

No. 1 is right, they just don't start up.

With earlier versions (27.3.2003) there was the following error in the Event Viewer/Application, but then this error did not show up again:

000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74   Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c   ion Fail
0010: 75 72 65 20 20 63 64 6c   ure  cdl
0018: 61 62 65 6c 65 72 2e 65   abeler.e
0020: 78 65 20 31 2e 30 2e 32   xe 1.0.2
0028: 31 34 2e 30 20 69 6e 20   14.0 in
0030: 63 64 6c 61 62 65 6c 65   cdlabele
0038: 72 2e 65 78 65 20 31 2e   r.exe 1.
0040: 30 2e 32 31 34 2e 30 20   0.214.0
0048: 61 74 20 6f 66 66 73 65   at offse
0050: 74 20 30 30 30 31 61 37   t 0001a7
0058: 63 65 0d 0a               ce..    

0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74   Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c   ion Fail
0010: 75 72 65 20 20 6d 65 64   ure  med
0018: 69 61 20 65 64 69 74 6f   ia edito
0020: 72 2e 65 78 65 20 31 2e   r.exe 1.
0028: 31 2e 34 30 2e 30 20 69   1.40.0 i
0030: 6e 20 6d 65 64 69 61 20   n media
0038: 65 64 69 74 6f 72 2e 65   editor.e
0040: 78 65 20 31 2e 31 2e 34   xe 1.1.4
0048: 30 2e 30 20 61 74 20 6f   0.0 at o
0050: 66 66 73 65 74 20 30 30   ffset 00
0058: 30 32 30 35 63 65 0d 0a   0205ce..

Also in HKCU there is nothing inside the keys CD Labeler and Media Editor except subkeys Frame Settings and Settings. Permissions are the same for all subkey under key JRiver. Seems that nothing is written to keys CD Label and Media Editor!

Hope this helps for your investigation!

Media Center Registered 9.0.147 -- P:\Programme\J River\Media Center\

AMD Athlon 1732 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 282 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929)wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive Y:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive Z:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive Y: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1610A   Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

MighTiVo

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2003, 05:52:59 am »

I left audio analysis running on a few thousand files last night and this morning XP had done a crash recovery and rebooted.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2003, 05:59:54 am »

AMD Athlon 1732 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 282 MB

Just noted the incorrect infos in Sysinfo:

My Athlon Processor has 2100 MHz, Total Memory is 512 MB!

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2003, 07:00:59 am »

Is it running at 2100 MHz, or is it a 2100+? AMD's don't run at the same megahertz as their name indicates.

For instance, I have a 2000+ but it actually runs at 1667 MHz.

They did this because they're getting the same performance in less MHz as their Intel counterparts. So a 2000+ is equivalent to a P4 2 Ghz, even though it's actually only running at 1667 Mhz.

If they gave it a name that more accurately reflected the actual Mhz, then people would think it was slower than a P4, when in truth it's the same.

salsbst1

• World Citizen
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2003, 07:06:00 am »

Tim,

Nikolay

There is an ASCII character 0 at the end of the file.  That is why it isn't valid.  IE 6 agrees (that it isn't valid).  Don't write that last character and all should be well.

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2003, 07:10:52 am »

JollyJim,

To fix the crash go to Plug-ins Manager and uninstall mp3i display plug-in.

Nikolay

kcorbett

• Recent member
  • we wanna make him stay up all night here we go
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2003, 09:25:48 am »

Which is to say, we just don't try to make things work with all browsers anymore.  I could argue that that's a mistake, but the reality is that we can't do it.

IE is the de facto standard and we hope that the other great browser makers will make theirs work as IE does.

I wish there were a better answer.

Netscape says the XML is not "well formed". That phrase means the data does not meet the minimal requirements of the XML standard. This can be verified by independent means using any decent XML parser/validater. Tools that export XML should not rely on parsers to detect and recover from their syntax errors.

/kmc

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2003, 09:38:59 am »

Doof,

you are right, it's an Athlon 2100+, so it's correct!
But memory shows an odd number, my Sysinfo displays 512MB!

equalizer

• Junior Woodchuck
  • When the time comes, you'll know what to do!
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2003, 09:50:10 am »

Just an update..

With the last two builds (146&147) the ASIO problem i had listed, has been fixed. I have tried all teh possiblities and they are gone.

Good job guys..

It's nearly finished, just a few small bugs to go.

-equalizer

equalizer

• Junior Woodchuck
  • When the time comes, you'll know what to do!
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2003, 09:50:30 am »

Just an update..

With the last two builds (146&147) the ASIO problem i had listed, has been fixed. I have tried all teh possiblities and they are gone.

Good job guys..

It's nearly finished, just a few small bugs to go.

-equalizer

dthacker

• Recent member
  • Give Dogs More Power....
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2003, 10:00:47 am »

Just installed MC 9.0.147 from .146 and MC will no longer handle ANY audio. I checked all the audio setting options and nothing had changed due to "spooky action" so i uninstalled and removed reg. entries (btw- very annoying to have to use my lic. keys for this - esp. since there are a limited number avail. to me) Downloaded and REinstalled MC .147 and still no audio.

any suggestions?

AMD Athlon 1149 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1572 MB, Free - 1163 MB

Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929)wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive Y:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive Y: SONY     CD-RW  CRX210E1    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2003, 10:21:19 am »

Um... all those bugs I listed for the last build?

You can insert them here.

SteveG

« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2003, 10:24:21 am »

crash_buka,

Get the latest Nomad Jukebox Plugin (v 9.0.08) to get the fix for this.

Thanks,

Steve

SteveG

« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2003, 11:25:32 am »

ZRocker,

In regards to Portables,

The dialog will be modal in the next build.

The progress bar is currently blank to improve speed. This can be improved.

In regards to item 3, I cannot duplicate this.

TimB

« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2003, 11:33:28 am »

For problems with Real Audio or Real Video, please see this thread:
http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=general;action=display;num=1024579130

I posted on this several versions ago, I'm having similar  kinda problems with WMA format files ("The source filter for this file could not be loaded.", I recently installed 9.00.00.2980.  Is there something similar I can do to clear up my WMA issues?

-=Tim=-
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up