INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Linux on NUC Id - DVD ISO playback  (Read 1830 times)

markgough

• Recent member
Linux on NUC Id - DVD ISO playback
« on: January 11, 2021, 01:51:14 pm »

Hi, I just got a new NUC Id HTPC with Linux and I'm using Linux for the first time. I've previously used a Windows laptop with MC to play video to my TV and I used Virtual Clone Drive so MC could mount and play my .iso files of DVD images.

Any suggestions for doing this on the NUC Id?

Here is the NUC information: Id 25.0.11  MC 26.0.107-2 Engen 1.0.69, NUC 300 7CJYH

Thanks!

Wheaten

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Linux on NUC Id - DVD ISO playback
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 03:00:02 pm »

If you don't have luck with mounting iso's, you can unzip them to folder, then import into MC and have them play the same as if the iso was mounted. You can use winrar or 7zip to extract from the iso. This is much easier than converting all dvd's to mkv. You can also convert back to iso later if you like.

markgough

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 09:53:15 am »

Thank you both for your replies.
If you don't have luck with mounting iso's, you can unzip them to folder, then import into MC and have them play the same as if the iso was mounted. You can use winrar or 7zip to extract from the iso. This is much easier than converting all dvd's to mkv. You can also convert back to iso later if you like.
I can extract VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders from the ISO's. Would I then place these folders in my MC library folder and configure MC to import the VIDEO_TS.IFO file? Thanks again.

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 02:42:08 pm »

I can extract VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders from the ISO's. Would I then place these folders in my MC library folder and configure MC to import the VIDEO_TS.IFO file? Thanks again.
That's right. I setup auto import to apply names to my movies upon import so they show up correctly in my views. Just be aware that depending on your import settings and views, you may just get a pile of video_ts files showing up in your library. There's lots of ways to apply names to them, and you shouldn't have issues finding them since you know what to look for.
Pages: [1]   Go Up