INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA Album Artwork Display not working  (Read 3860 times)

darren700

• Recent member
DLNA Album Artwork Display not working
« on: January 15, 2021, 05:10:47 am »

Hello,
In Version 27 when streaming from my computer to a DLNA Device it does not display album art. It only shows a Jrvier Logo on the display screen.
I never had any issue with this in Version 26, which still shows album art correctly when playing to a DLNA device.
Can you please try and solve this? I really miss album art on version 27.
Please note I am using zoneswitch to automatically default to my DLNA device.

Thanks

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Re: DLNA Album Artwork Display not working
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 06:31:19 am »

This is most likely occurring for you because you have media that does not have album art work inside your media track tags. If you look at tags for one of the items that does not display - what does it say underneath the album art image "inside file" or more likely C:\User\xyz\AppData\Roaming\JRiver\Media Centre? or folder.jpg? This means it is not going to send it across - the image needs to be embedded into the tag as "inside file AxB - x Kb". You need to tidy up your media files to repaste the image into the tag to store it back inside the file. I have set up a view just specifically to highlight tracks that have "C:\user\xyz\AppData ..." so I can fix them.

Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

darren700

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 04:41:16 pm »

All my music has embeded album art, I make sure to imbed each album with art before adding to my library.
the image shows up fine in the image thumbnail
It works fine in JRiver 26 with the same songs.
The problem is in JRiver 27 only, it seems like a bug to me as it worked perfectly in JRiver 26 for all my music.
you can see in this screenshot the album art is embedded, art shows in the thumbnail, but not in the display area.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 06:26:16 pm »

Did you compare settings between MC26 and MC27?

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2021, 04:28:14 pm »

DLNA pushes album art to renderers via two potential methods:

1. In the command SetAVtransportURI it includes a URL where the renderer can get the image from.
2. In the audio track there may be embedded meta data with the image in it.

Some renderers do not support method 1.

And there are two issues with method 2. Namely..

2.1 if MC is transcoding the audio, it does not include the meta data in the transcoded file. i.e. it is audio only.

2.2 if MC is pushing the original file, it will contain the embedded image. But the image may be at the end of the file (after the audio), so the renderer will only get to see it after it has downloaded everything else (probably some way into the play duration).
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2021, 04:43:56 pm »

PS it is also possible that a 553kB art image is just too large for your renderer.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

darren700

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2021, 10:51:16 am »

Did you compare settings between MC26 and MC27?

my settings are the same between MC26 and MC27, MC27 imported my settings, I even double checked.

If I play the same song on MC26 to my DLNA renderer the album artwork functions perfectly for all my music.
For MC27 None of my artwork is displayed when played to the renderer.

you can see below my picture of the same song played in MC26 with the same settings, the artwork is displayed correctly.

margolbe

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2021, 03:33:38 pm »

I too have the same problem using a Lumin T2.  Was there ever a solution posted for this?

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2021, 08:32:50 pm »

Your screen shots do not answer my question on my original train of thought. In your detail add column for field "Image File" or diplay the Tags list and scroll to "Image" what do they say. As I know I have issues displaying artwork DLNA client or Media Server client when it is not part of the file.

You may have a different interpretation of what you mean by embedded art. Some files can be imported with artwork, but when they come across JRiver adds the artwork the AppData folder not the file itself. So what does the "Image" Tag say the location is?
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

margolbe

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2021, 09:57:42 am »

I have a Lumin T2 as I mentioned earlier.  When I check on the tags for the image, they are "inside file".  Yet, I am unable to see artwork as noted above.

margolbe

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2021, 10:03:34 am »

Is there any solution for this?  From the thread, a number of people have this problem.  What can be done to fix this?

zzeitg

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2023, 09:35:37 am »

Hello,
same problem here with the latest version (MC31). In the version I used up to now (MC26) the album art was showing (when playing to DLNA zone).

Any fix..?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2023, 07:43:44 pm »

Look at the last message AndrewFG posted above.

Try changing your MC DLNA server Advanced settings to enable "Present Small Artwork"
Pages: [1]   Go Up