INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote (Android) Domain Name Server Configuration  (Read 532 times)

dennismf

• Recent member
JRemote (Android) Domain Name Server Configuration
« on: January 15, 2021, 05:48:03 pm »

I have been using JRiver Media Center for well over 15 years and I must say it is excellent.

Today I configured JRemote to access my Media Center  Server for the first time. When JRemote asked me for my IP Address / Domain Name I entered the domain name that resolves to my home router using DDNS. JRemote would not accept my domain name (said it was an invalid address).

I know that using an IP address would eventually fail as my IP address changes fairly frequently. I then used the "Access Key" configuration method. JRemote connected using the server home network IP address. This would not work from outside my home. I then manually changed the server address on JRemote, from an IP address to my domain name. It accepted the domain name this time and now works using DNS to obtain our external IP address.

It is working for me now but JRemote seems to contain Domain Name validation in the initial prompted setup that is too aggressive / restrictive. My domain name has .rocks as the domain suffix (it was the cheapest I could find ;D).

Thanks for all the great software and support resources.

Dennis MF

Update: Well I was not aware of JRemote2 until today. So I installed it and the issue described above is not present. Sorry to waste people's time!
Pages: [1]   Go Up