INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tom Dowd  (Read 1207 times)

larryrup

• World Citizen
Tom Dowd
« on: January 16, 2021, 02:33:39 am »

I re-watched the terrific documentary Tom Dowd and the Language of Music. 

I'm not sure what was more shocking:  His music contributions; or his work between College and this career.  There are short interviews with Jerry Wexler, Phil Ramone, Arif Marden and others who were responsible for the soundtrack of my life.   Tom's Wiki covers it all but may make the movie a little less jaw dropping.  Should you read it, follow the link in the wiki to his diskography.  I can guarantee you will tire of scrolling down the list.  The iconic records he helped make was a revelation.  He did it for nearly 5 decades.  Who knew!

Besides the story, it is unusual in Tom himself is the narrator.  There must be some other doc's where the subject tells the story, but none I could think of.

The movie is far from a slick, but I highly recommend a watch.  Sorry that it may be hard to find a source to watch, but do seek it out.  I have a copy but not sure if I can or how to share it.  He is a good read in any event.

Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.
Pages: [1]   Go Up