INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disk location  (Read 1675 times)

leperlord

• World Citizen
Disk location
« on: January 16, 2021, 02:48:42 pm »

After a few years(I am slow) i sussed how to add browse by DISK location by adding it to view

When i go into a location on one of my HDDs IE: G:/CD/Neil Young

i can now make a playlist of all my Neil Young by send to playlist-create new playlist and name it Neil young.

But can i create sub lists within that Neil young folder? IE: IE: G:/CD/Neil Young/NAME OF CD?

This would be better than just populating all CDs by NY in one large folder/playlist

Cheers

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Disk location
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 02:57:42 pm »

leperlord

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 03:42:43 pm »

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Playlist_Groups

Cheers mate

i R click as suggested on a playlist folder named IE: Neil Young.But there is no option to create a sub folder(Tree) within it.

What i see when i R-click is Play-Add to playing now-more play options-send to-shuffle-update order-remove duplicates-clear-lock-delete-renamae-edit playlist in action window-export playlist-upload playlist to Doctor Who-Customize view

I am not presented with any option to create a subfolder(tree view of sub folders).

Is my MC 24 too old for this?

Cheers

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 03:59:18 pm »

Please read that article.  Do what it says to create a Playlist Group.  You can then name that Playlist Group "Neil Young".

You can then drag and drop your existing Neil Young playlist into it. You can then Add New Playlists inside it by right-clicking on your Playlist Group.

You won't see any option to create a "subfolder" or "tree view of sub folders" because those are not the correct terms when dealing with Playlists.  If you're talking about creating actual folders on your hard drive, you don't do that in MC.

A Playlist Group is like a folder, and it contains Playlists.  All this is explained in the article. Your version supports it.

Good luck...
Pages: [1]   Go Up