INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: advice on rename/move - duplicate errors and replacing specific characters  (Read 435 times)

jlyness

• Junior Woodchuck

I have been using the Rename, Move and Copy command with templates to move my files to a directory structure and filenames similar to what iTunes used to do for me.

However, if there are (inadvertent) duplicates among the files I am moving (or in the destination folder), the operation stops partway through with an error message, but does not make clear which file caused the error.

Questions for anyone more knowledgeable than me about this:

1) Is there a way I can quickly figure out which file caused the problem (and which files were successfully moved vs those that weren't)? I've tried looking at the JRiver log but can't readily see how to interpret or find what I would need there.

2) Is there template language I can insert into the rename/move/copy command that would automatically rename duplicate files (perhaps from filename to something like filename1) so the whole process can finish without errors?

3) Lastly, unrelated to the errors -- is there template language I can insert into the command that would replace certain characters in folder and filenames when renaming? (e.g., replace : and / with, say, _ )

Thanks for any advice!
Pages: [1]   Go Up