INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio goes silent during first track only  (Read 414 times)

curiousMonkey

• Galactic Citizen
Audio goes silent during first track only
« on: January 23, 2021, 06:57:58 pm »

I have been using JRiver for many years and encountered a new problem when I upgraded my video card from the Intel motherboard solution to an NVidia 1030. I generally play music without a monitor because my home theater uses a projector.

During the first track after my computer comes out of standby, the audio goes silent at about the 1:40 mark. The track continues to play but there is no audible sound. If I hit stop and then restart the track, I can play music for as long as I wish without an problems.

The obvious reason for the problem is some sort of HDMI handshaking problem. I just can’t explain what is special about the 1:40 second delay and why the problem does not repeat.
Has anyone else encountered this kind of issue?
HTPC - Windows 10 64-bit Intel i5, Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

IAM4UK

• World Citizen
Re: Audio goes silent during first track only
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 01:58:29 pm »

Not quite the same, but I have had similar HDMI (probably?) issues...
When I play music in MC, then turn off the screen (An LG OLED), the audio from my Marantz AVR goes silent. The songs are still playing in MC, and the receiver is still powered on and set to the computer as input source, but the audio is gone.
If I play the same music in another program like Microsoft "Groove," then even when the screen is off, the audio is audible...
Pages: [1]   Go Up