INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Stopped recording  (Read 1503 times)

CHaun

• World Citizen
TV Stopped recording
« on: January 28, 2021, 09:00:15 am »

I do not have any recordings since about the middle of December. I can watch TV fine, and I tested by recording a show just now. It shows as having been recorded under recordings (as the only show under recordings). If I hover over the file, it shows its location on the disk, but the file doesn't exist in that location on the disk. If I double click the recording - it will play! If I look at the TV Logs, it shows no attempt to record the show.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: TV Stopped recording
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 08:00:33 am »

If you can play it in MC, it has been recorded and must be on your disk.  Were you using MC as a client on this machine?  If so, the actual recording is on the server computer.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

CHaun

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 08:34:21 am »

Kind of a client. This box has the USB tuner device physically installed so it's doing the recording.

After I did the manual recording yesterday, it looks like it started doing its scheduled recordings on its own again. I have no clue what happened. Nothing changed. I didn't even reboot the computer.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 01:13:22 pm »

Kind of a client. This box has the USB tuner device physically installed so it's doing the recording.

That is strange.  Everything you posted (screenshots etc.) suggest that recording happened on a different computer while this computer was a client of that computer.  The recording must happen on the computer where the tuner can be accessed.  Is the tuner a network tuner?  A network tuner can be accessed by any computer on your network.  If at the time you initiated the recording this computer was a client, then recording would have happened on the server, unless you enabled recording on the client.  I think you would find that particular recording on the server, assuming the server computer also has a T: drive.

After I did the manual recording yesterday, it looks like it started doing its scheduled recordings on its own again. I have no clue what happened. Nothing changed. I didn't even reboot the computer.

Once you disconnected from the server, this computer would act as a stand-alone.  Then all recordings scheduled on this computer would start properly.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

CHaun

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 09:12:37 pm »

It's a USB tuner, not a network one.

I ordered a couple of HDHomerun Primes this morning which may ultimately fix any issues.
Pages: [1]   Go Up