INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to move CD cover art in Audio  (Read 692 times)

michiganmike711

• Recent member
  • Now retired, I hate Mondays less:)
How to move CD cover art in Audio
« on: January 28, 2021, 03:36:48 pm »

My Audio screen is filled with CD album jackets, mostly arranged by composer or performer.  For some reason, a few albums fail to find their group and wind up in left corner of the first line.  I have about half dozen albums there.  Usually, an album would relocate when its title in the TAG Album line was changed. The problematic albums I am referring to just don't budge.

I would like to move each to its proper location and have been unable to do so.  Drag and drop sure does not do it (too bad)!  Nothing I have tried in the Tag section has worked.  Is there a fix for this? 

thanks, mike

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Re: How to move CD cover art in Audio
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 05:25:37 am »

That's because your album art is not being stored with the track files, it might be in Program data...

Open Tag window and scoll to the cover art section of the track you have highlighted. Under the tag image should be the path. Click on the image and you get many options. I have methodically gone into each track and Pasted the art again, and it should update to "Inside File" when it is stored properly within the tag. What are you seeing? Post a pict if you have to ? You can edit one track or select several in the same album.

Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 07:38:38 am »

Albums are defined by a combination of the album field and album artist field. All tracks that have common values for these two fields are grouped together as an album.  If the tracks you see in the upper left corner have multiple artists, like in a compilation album, they need to have a common name in [album artist] to be displayed as an album.

More here

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Album_Artist_and_Album_Artist_(Auto)

michiganmike711

• Recent member
  • Now retired, I hate Mondays less:)
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2021, 09:38:35 pm »

Thanks to all for your recommendations but I as I worked through them I discovered they did not apply in my case.  In the Tag I paid special attention to the Album and Album artist lines, as well as the total number of tracks and discs, again but differently from before.  I also found that an initial entry in Album, like Bach, had to be followed by a colon:.  I have used a dash- without a hitch for many albums, yet for the problem ones, the colon was important.  I shall always use it in the future. 
Stay well and thanks, again.  Mike

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 06:30:20 am »

Hi michiganmike711,
I am a little curious because I have not started ripping my classical music as yet. Can you post a screen shot of what you are seeing. Windows snip is good Win key+S or Win+shift+S to let you copy - or of course Printscreen key for the entire thing if need be. Save to a file on your desktop and Choose file to point to it to bring it into the post? [ps. I have never found a way to direct paste a image copy into a post on this forum software - if there is a faster way someone?]

Thanks
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

wer

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2021, 01:30:56 pm »

...I also found that an initial entry in Album, like Bach, had to be followed by a colon:.  I have used a dash- without a hitch for many albums, yet for the problem ones, the colon was important.

Before anyone is misled by this comment, I should point out that colon and dash characters have no more significance than any other character.  They are just bits of punctuation.

DTC's advice was correct.

If the OP believes that an "initial entry" "must be followed by a colon" then that is either because he is trying to match it with other entries that already have a colon, or doing something sophisticated with expressions that he has not mentioned, or is mistaken.  But without screenshots it isn't possible to do more than guess which it is.

It is not applicable to anyone else's library, or to tagging classical music in general.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2021, 01:54:20 am »

What wer said about the colon is true out of the 732 Albums in my library 284 of them have at least one colon in their name and MC has never had a problem handling them or the associated cover art images regardless of if the cover art is "in the file" or not.

As dtc said the usual solution to what looks wrong in MC is to make sure that for every track in an album the Album Name is the same and the Album Artist always contains the same value, for Classical Albums I always put the Composer's name in the Album Artist field/tag.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up